Derp what is Haswell.

heineygoat

I just went down to a local hardware shop that is evidently targeted at enthusiast. They had custom built PC's running eyefinity and surround with mechanical keyboards and all that jazz.

The owner didn't know what Haswell was.

It is just me or is that really kinda surprising?

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Not surprised at all since it doesn't matter whether or not he knows, he'll still be making money because he's paying people to know that information.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Plus, Haswell is a codename. He'd probably know what "4th gen Intel processors" are.

Plus, Haswell is a codename. He'd probably know what "4th gen Intel processors" are.

But surely if he happens to know what 4th gen Intel's are then he also knows the codename Haswell, I bet he'd know Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Yeah I tried to clarify by saying 4th gen Intel CPU's and he had no clue.

I'm not ranting or complaining though, I was just surprised.

Kinda made me feel a bit silly because he was like defuq is Haswell?

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

"Hey man! Have you got any 4770k's in?!"  "huh?"

-_-'  Learn yo' trade!

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

It does surprise me, as you would think, the computer store owner would be up to date with tech.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

It does surprise me, as you would think, the computer store owner would be up to date with tech.

Yah but he could just be the owner and he is really only there as a sales person. He may not even make the pcs himself.

Agreed, someone must like computers enough to want to run a business, I certainly don't think I'll be buying from him lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

this gets me ranting all the time, i go into a radio shack and the guy has no idea what a resistor is, i go back another time looking for a ps/2 to usb port for my model m instead he tries to sell me his cheapest usb keyboard, my mother was buying a desktop online threw HP i told her to ask for a ssd and they told her they don't work on desk tops. And the people at best buy don't know jack shit about tech in my experience there just guys trying to get paid, cant say i blame them though. but as an enthusiast it would be nice to get more then just a black stare from an associate when i ask a question.

RIG:|Corsair Obsidion 650d|MSI Mpower Z87| i7-4770k (4Ghz)|Corsair H100 cooler|16Gb corsair dominator platinum 1866Mhz|  EVGA GTX 780 classified (runs at 1240Mhz)| 1200W pc power and cooling silencer mkIII PSU|recon sound blaster champion series| 1Tb WD black| 256Gb Samsung 840 pro| Monitors:| Samsung px2370| ASUS VG248QE| X-star 27" 2560x1440 korean monitor (runs at 100Hz)| other stuff:| Razer black widow ultimate| Razer mamba 2013 edition| Razer Vespula mousepad| Klipsch X10i| Ultrasone Pro750| Harmon/Kardon sound sticks 2| 

Agreed, someone must like computers enough to want to run a business, I certainly don't think I'll be buying from him lol

I know right, I don't think I have ever met a computer store owner, that is not passionate about what they do. That's why they decided to go in business in the first place, because they love doing what that do.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

this gets me ranting all the time, i go into a radio shack and the guy has no idea what a resistor is, i go back another time looking for a ps/2 to usb port for my model m instead he tries to sell me his cheapest usb keyboard, my mother was buying a desktop online threw HP i told her to ask for a ssd and they told her they don't work on desk tops. And the people at best buy don't know jack shit about tech in my experience there just guys trying to get paid, cant say i blame them though. but as an enthusiast it would be nice to get more then just a black stare from an associate when i ask a question.

Yea agreed, stimulating convosation to someone who actually knows what they're talking about would be good :)

Now now, Just because we're smarter doesnt mean we need to go and be elitist jerks and make fun of them. :P

But yes, Ideally he should know more about the products he's working with.

My System - Featuring Custom Laser Etching: (Out of Date - Need to update with current system pictures)
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11149-my-custom-rig-ft-custom-laser-etching/

I know right, I don't think I have ever met a computer store owner, that is not passionate about what they do. That's why they decided to go in business in the first place, because love love doing what that do.

He may just be a normal person who happens to run a computer store and we're a community that are too geeky with codenames and what not lol

He may just be a normal person who happens to run a computer store and we're a community that are too geeky with codenames and what not lol

LOL, that is a very good possibility :)

Very likely. Maybe someday the forum can have a codename.

Doesn't surprise me that much, I could go into a hardware store and starting asking people do they have skyhooks and 9 times out of ten they will go looking.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

heiney da bes..

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

All of the shops are like that here..... they just sell used PC's that they got for free from Belgian/Holland/German junkyards....

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

I would just say "Do you have any 4000 series cpu? Like the 4670k or the 4770k?". Is this a small computer store? They should hire people who know about computers imo if they opened a shop that built high end systems imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

not surprised

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))