Which X99 motherboard to choose?

No problem, although X99 Deluxe isn't the only one. There are cheaper options like the X99-A, the pro etc. But I think the Deluxe is a solid option

So you wouldn't recommend the G1 Gaming WiFi? Coz it would match my build coz it is black and red. Yeah but could you teach me how to paint it since some parts aren't as easy as removing a plastic shroud then painting

If you call that a red/black board? They just painted the heatsinks red lol.. Better off getting the X99-A and painting the heatsink black lol.

If you call that a red/black board? They just painted the heatsinks red lol.. Better off getting the X99-A and painting the heatsink black lol.

It's still technically red and black. Yeah well, how do you paint it though? I know there is Linus's video but Linus painted a removable plastic shroud not the heatsink and the chipset area

I am also getting an X99 motherboard and don't know which one to get. I want to overclock heavily but i also want the white scheme . Should i just get the deluxe?

Asus X99-S  is the one i would recommend for you then.

unless you need bluetooth or wifi, then offcourse the Deluxe or the pro would be a good choice.

Asus X99-S: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/X99S/

Asus X99 Deluxe: http://www.asus.com/nl/Motherboards/X99DELUXE/

It's still technically red and black. Yeah well, how do you paint it though? I know there is Linus's video but Linus painted a removable plastic shroud not the heatsink and the chipset area

The heatsinks are screwed in, just remove the screws and just paint it black. I wouldn't paint it red, would look stupid and a fully black board goes well with the rest.

Absolutely love my X99 Deluxe from Asus. It is easily one of the best boards I have owned in years. 

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

The heatsinks are screwed in, just remove the screws and just paint it black. I wouldn't paint it red, would look stupid and a fully black board goes well with the rest.

Yeah I wouldn't paint it red too. Black would look awesome on it. So I'll just unscrew it then paint? The heatsink wouldn't be damaged if I do so? Then I'll just Linus's video to paint it? How about the chipset area and the cover on the I/O and the audio?

But still, what are your thoughts on G1 Gaming WiFi?

Don't forget the recently released Asus X99 Pro..Cheaper than the Deluxe still has wifi 

Could you tell me the differences haha?

Yeah I know Asus is a solid option and I would go Asus all the way if it weren't for the fact that the X99 Deluxe doesn't match my planned out build. Aaaand I don't have enough money for the RVE

Do you guys recommend the Gigabyte G1 Gaming WiFi? How is it's audio and fan control compared to Asus's?

OR Should I just paint the X99 Deluxe black/red? if so, how?

Thanks

I had the gigabyte board for a week and a half. Let's just say it went back and I now have the Rampage v. It was too stupid to deal with multiple graphics cards during POST and I now know I'm not the only one.

Would anyone recommend the MSI x99 SLI Plus? Would work with any color scheme, has all the basic things you would need.

I had the gigabyte board for a week and a half. Let's just say it went back and I now have the Rampage v. It was too stupid to deal with multiple graphics cards during POST and I now know I'm not the only one.

That's what I thought. I was having doubts with it coz of the reviews on NewEgg. Is that the only problem you had? So it would be okay running a single graphics card?

Yeah I wouldn't paint it red too. Black would look awesome on it. So I'll just unscrew it then paint? The heatsink wouldn't be damaged if I do so? Then I'll just Linus's video to paint it? How about the chipset area and the cover on the I/O and the audio?

http://i.imgur.com/2ZrKYJI.jpg Thats how.

Every X99 board is perfect, just chose the one you want. Theres nothing wrong with each of them.

That's what I thought. I was having doubts with it coz of the reviews on NewEgg. Is that the only problem you had? So it would be okay running a single graphics card?

I would imagine so. It has pretty nice audio. Much better then all the realtek stuff. The UEFI is slow and not all that great but it works as long as you don't have 2 or more cards installed.I also get by with less volts now for the same overclock.

http://i.imgur.com/2ZrKYJI.jpg Thats how.

Every X99 board is perfect, just chose the one you want. Theres nothing wrong with each of them.

So unscrew then paint just like on Linus's video? It wouldn't get damaged if I paint it, right? That's a pic of the Deluxe?

Any video tutorials you recommend?

I have a X99-UD4 and I'm really happy with it. It's great great connectivity at a great price and I was able to overclock my 5820k to 4.6 Ghz on air. (link below)

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/1147539

(Ya it's running OS X)

The only issue Ive had is with overlocking ram but I hear that might be fixed on the higher end boards. So I wouldn't hesitate to get another gigabyte board.

My personal recommendation is to get the cheapest board you can--I was looking into the Asus X99-A as well, but Microcenter had a great combo deal on the 5820k and UD4--because with broadwell and skylake just around the corner our X99 rigs will become obsolete fast. 

As far as I can tell, one less Lan port, different PCIe layout..

To me the PCIe layout seem to be the same.

To complete the List:

No WiFi and Bluetooth, 2 Usb 3.0 back IO ports less and only 3 SATA 6Gb/s cables instead of 8 (who does even care).

As far as I can tell, one less Lan port, different PCIe layout..

I checked it out too, there are also some advantages on gettin the Pro lol

For me it was pretty clear cut. here in Germany the X99-S was ~20€ more that the X99-A and only really need the features of the X99-A. but the Deluxe layout looks some much better.

To me the PCIe layout seem to be the same.

To complete the List:

No WiFi and Bluetooth, 2 Usb 3.0 back IO ports less and only 3 SATA 6Gb/s cables instead of 8 (who does even care).

I thought both the Pro and Deluxe have WiFi and Bluetooth

Ok, here is a breakdown compared to the X99-Deluxe:

Asus X99-Pro:

Missing:

• 1 SATA Express port
  • 1 Gigabit LAN Port (+ some features)
  • 4 USB 3.0 Ports back IO
  • 2 SATA cables (duh)

Added:

• 2 USB 2.0 Ports back IO
  • PS/2 Port
  • COM port conector

Asus X99-S:

Missing:

• WiFI
  • Bluetooth
  • 2 USB 3.0 ports back IO
  • 5 SATA cables (meh)

Asus X99-S  is the one i would recommend for you then.

unless you need bluetooth or wifi, then offcourse the Deluxe or the pro would be a good choice.

Asus X99-S: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/X99S/

Asus X99 Deluxe: http://www.asus.com/nl/Motherboards/X99DELUXE/

What is the difference between the PRO and the Deluxe?  (sorry for late reply)