New build, I'd like your opinion!

Auklin

I'd say go with the XFX one, it's 750w, and it's cheaper too.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Ok, you posted tek, you got my attention.

Does this justify NOT getting the new gen Haswell's though? this would require me to change my mobo to a z77 right? I'm definitely listening though.

As I stated in another post, I'm not overly impressed with Haswell and what it has to offer.  Sure, it has better performance and uses less power, but I highly doubt that people with the i5-2500k will notice a drastic improvement in performance, which is why I'm not jumping into the Haswell bandwagon.  I admit, I had the i5-2500k, went up to the i5-3570k, and I now use the i7-3770k, but honestly, I don't notice a serious difference, which is why I'm currently contemplating re-boxing my parts, putting them up for sale, buying an FX-8350, and sticking with that for a while.

The reason why I recommend the 8320 with an overclock is because that's what the 8350 is: a hand-picked 8320 with a factory overclock.  It's currently the best bang for your buck and is one of those CPUs that wow-ed me, just like the i5-2500k did when it came out.  The system I posted will last you for a while and will fill your needs nicely for a lot less than an Intel build.

Ok guys, today's the day. 

here is the build with all the influences from everyone on here.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/14ASg

NCIX has a deal this week involving the g45 mobo and the cpu, so thats why it is overidden. Aside from that, the sellers listed are where I'm ordering my parts from.

grand total is $2115.02, for EVERYTHING, the NCIX order has a full coverage insurance on it.

Sadly, that EVGA card is back ordered, So I may need to wait a week for the card, but it's not too big of a deal.

Thanks everyone, give me your feedback on this.

And Wraith, I really appreciate your suggestion, I just would rather go with the haswell for the sole purpose that they are newer with a bit more performance at the same price as the 3rd gen's, If I was on a bit more of a budget, that suggestion would have sold me instantly.

Just make sure you consider that Haswell is hotter than Ivy Bridge was. If you think the temps on your Hyper 212 are unsatisfactory, get a liquid cooler and maybe, delid your CPU. Also I don't get what you mean by "$2115.02, for EVERYTHING". Shouldn't it just be $1785.43?

Just make sure you consider that Haswell is hotter than Ivy Bridge was. If you think the temps on your Hyper 212 are unsatisfactory, get a liquid cooler and maybe, delid your CPU. Also I don't get what you mean by "$2115.02, for EVERYTHING". Shouldn't it just be $1785.43?

Sadly no. taxes, shipping and other costs included, the grand total is $2115.02, that is how much I am going to be spending on this build

And Wraith, I really appreciate your suggestion, I just would rather go with the haswell for the sole purpose that they are newer with a bit more performance at the same price as the 3rd gen's, If I was on a bit more of a budget, that suggestion would have sold me instantly.

Newer doesn't always mean it's better for the money.

Good luck with your build.

Sadly no. taxes, shipping and other costs included, the grand total is $2115.02, that is how much I am going to be spending on this build

How costly are taxes and shipping to where you live? You're paying nearly 18.5% more than you need to.

How costly are taxes and shipping to where you live? You're paying nearly 18.5% more than you need to.

I live in Nova Scotia next to Halifax. 

Direct Canada is free, NCIX is charging me a bit less than $20 for its order (That is a lot of stuff, mind you), and Newegg is charging me $26 for its shipping, which I think is whack, but they are the ones sending that case. The other ~$28 is insurance.

The pc part picker link didn't include taxes on the mobo or the CPU cause I forced NCIX on it just for checking prices (NCIX has the same bundle), so that might be where the missing $$$ is

I live in Nova Scotia next to Halifax. 

Direct Canada is free, NCIX is charging me a bit less than $20 for its order (That is a lot of stuff, mind you), and Newegg is charging me $26 for its shipping, which I think is whack, but they are the ones sending that case. The other ~$28 is insurance.

The pc part picker link didn't include taxes on the mobo or the CPU cause I forced NCIX on it just for checking prices (NCIX has the same bundle), so that might be where the missing $$$ is

That's still about $255.59 left, no way they are charging you that much for taxes on the motherboard and CPU, that would be almost a 62% tax rate.

For one I think a 780 would be alot better than a 770 it takes the gtx titan in a fight and came out in a very close second and the 770 doesn't even cut the titan :P

For one I think a 780 would be alot better than a 770 it takes the gtx titan in a fight and came out in a very close second and the 770 doesn't even cut the titan :P

You think a 780 is better than 770.

I wonder what gave you THAT idea... <_<

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.