No sound in one ear with new Asus xonar Essence STX

Falmn

Yeah, the HD650 is about the same price of a cheap gtx 970 here in Sweden, so it's a bit expensive. But i will buy it though ;) , when i have the money of course. Is there really a "huge" difference between ATH M50s and the HD650?

It really depends... some people just aren't into audio, you can throw any headphone at them and they'll find the sound OK. In that case it's a waste of time, energy, and the other guy's money to convince them otherwise. I have my own bias and my own opinions - I care enough to upgrade. In America, having an HD650 for the price of a cheap GTX760 is actually a good deal. Normally the HD650s used run as much as the most expensive GTX760s new. Not sure if the price of GTX760 is higher in your country or the HD650 is just cheaper.

The HD650s aren't like some of the cheapo headsets, I've seen people say "I've replaced my headset 5 times, what should I get this time?"... You shouldn't have to replace it, like at all. Some people stick with HD650 basically forever and never "upgrade" or get another headphone again. If you get HD650s and the sound signature agrees with you, you can check off headphones from your bucket list because you're done upgrading. But some people expect headphones to totally transform their life or some shit.  :ph34r: Headphones don't "become obsolete" though. Computer components do.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

It really depends... some people just aren't into audio, you can throw any headphone at them and they'll find the sound OK. In that case it's a waste of time, energy, and the other guy's money to convince them otherwise. I have my own bias and my own opinions - I care enough to upgrade. In America, having an HD650 for the price of a cheap GTX760 is actually a good deal. Normally the HD650s used run as much as the most expensive GTX760s new. Not sure if the price of GTX760 is higher in your country or the HD650 is just cheaper.

The HD650s aren't like some of the cheapo headsets, I've seen people say "I've replaced my headset 5 times, what should I get this time?"... You shouldn't have to replace it, like at all. Some people stick with HD650 basically forever and never "upgrade" or get another headphone again. If you get HD650s and the sound signature agrees with you, you can check off headphones from your bucket list because you're done upgrading. But some people expect headphones to totally transform their life or some shit.  :ph34r: Headphones don't "become obsolete" though. Computer components do.

Okey! Thank you again for your response! I can actually afford Sennheiser HD650 when i get the money back from the retailer, so now I'm  really excited for new headphones! But I have to buy new "clamps" for the modmic though, but hopefully it will be worth it!  :D

I bought 650's as my first headphones, then proceeded to buy lots of other stuff before realizing the 650's were my favorite. Wizzie's right about never needing to replace high-end headphones - wash the pads every now and then, replace them when they're completely worn out, pull hair outta the creases, basic maintenance etc - and you can hand them down to your grand kids.

Hi again, I just wanted to say that i got me Sennheiser HD650 today and just wow. They are amazing! So much better than my old Audio technica ATH-M50! I figure that they will be even better with an good amp though  ^_^. Thank you for convincing me to buy them! And i returned the sound card as well today. 

// Falmn

Hi again, I just wanted to say that i got me Sennheiser HD650 today and just wow. They are amazing! So much better than my old Audio technica ATH-M50! I figure that they will be even better with an good amp though  ^_^. Thank you for convincing me to buy them! And i returned the sound card as well today. 

// Falmn

Glad you liked them.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?