[Scratch Build] Project Arctic, A teenagers first Scratchbuild! Final Pictures up!

FlashEmirald90

I have had ideas. I have a great idea now. Make a really cool itx/matx aio PC inside an iMac g3 case. I can't afford any new parts tho.

I've been wanting to do that forever but mine's sitting there with a broken analog board so needs repairs first.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

This is interesting. I will follow this interesting piece.

NZXT H440   //   MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC   //   i5 4670K   //   MSI GTX 780 Lightning 3GB   //   HyperX Beast 8GB 2400mhz   //   OCZ Agility

This case looks amazing!

Looks awesome. Subbed

I've been wanting to do that forever but mine's sitting there with a broken analog board so needs repairs first.

This is interesting. I will follow this interesting piece.

Thanks guys! Here comes the next update!

id any of you guys have a clue about what that weird thingy was?

It is something extra for my "Project Arctic room"
I also designed a headset-stand as you might have seen on my homepage http://www.auxiliumdesign.com/design.html

update5_zps5f08f21c.jpg

As fast as I got home, I mounted all the hardware. As you can see I don't have too much of it haha.

update6_zpsd5c962dd.jpg

With insperation from the Compact Splash case (which I got a lot of insperation from)
This technique for SSD mounting is to be able to change the drives without draining the loop and take away the GPU.

update13_zps21cc50ec.jpg

Finally a picture with the Project name on the rear side :D

update14_zps5d6b4e0f.jpg

Everything for me for this time, what do you think? :D

I do like the way the PSU is mounted. No compromises. No room for air cooling. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's not the standard hole pattern for an ATX power supply, is it?

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Not to say your case dosent look interesting but it does look a couple notches better then that of the NZXT S340 if anything it's still beautiful :) @Selectivereviews maybe you could give me a couple pointer on my design blog in the blogging section. I too am going to create 1 hell of a pc case that will stunt your mind

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Wow that is a clean pc (lol pun). but still that case would look good even in the colour it's in like WOW.

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

I do like the way the PSU is mounted. No compromises. No room for air cooling. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's not the standard hole pattern for an ATX power supply, is it?

You are completely right, that is not the standard hole pattern for ATX PSU, that is because it is a SFX PSU ;)

Not to say your case dosent look interesting but it does look a couple notches better then that of the NZXT S340 if anything it's still beautiful :) @Selectivereviews maybe you could give me a couple pointer on my design blog in the blogging section. I too am going to create 1 hell of a pc case that will stunt your mind

I will check it out, thank you!

Did you cut that on a waterjet?

Also following.

We cut it with laaaazor

How much did it cost you to get the case cut and bent and where did you do it?

I can't really tell you that, but you could guess and tell a price it could be sold for ;)

Wow that is a clean pc (lol pun). but still that case would look good even in the colour it's in like WOW.

Thanks, it will be white later!

The watercooling

This time I will try to post some more pictures, as some people tells me I post pretty few haha

Some of you figured out what todays update will be about!

IMG_0145_zps09626f93.jpg

I need two tho ;)

IMG_0252_zps273b4d95.jpg

But what is a radiator without any fittings to pair them together with?
This time I kept using some trusty Bitspower but tried Monsoon which I am new to :)

export1_zpsfc428b04.jpg

Really nice tools came with it, one to tighten the inner.

IMG_0154_zpsb85ffd39.jpg

and the other one to tighten around the tube!

IMG_0155_zpsd384f651.jpg

I really love the match with the radiator and fittings!

IMG_0268_zpse5b25d3d.jpg

Next update will be sometimes next week, by then I will mount the hardware, such as watercooling and probably motherboard and more!  :D

That's looks magnificent!

What about LED's? White or maybe blue ones will fit just right.

And failing to act, for fear of the risk, is no different than a living death. No matter what world you’re in.

You are completely right, that is not the standard hole pattern for ATX PSU, that is because it is a SFX PSU ;)

I never knew they were not interchangeable.

Just asking. How can you contact . Ek . Silverstone. Hyperx . ? By emails ? If emails can i ask there emails im planning in a project to. I need also sponsors hehe

Those are some nice rads and fittings, my friend, real nice.

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

looks really nice.in what software did you make the design?

The case were sketched in Google Sketchup, modeled in Creo 2.0 (Former Pro Engineer)

The renders were made with Vray in Sketchup :)

That's looks magnificent!

What about LED's? White or maybe blue ones will fit just right.

Thanks! I will have some white LED's in there!

I never knew they were not interchangeable.

Ah, well, the ATX powersupply is like 2 liters while SFX is 0,6 Liters. So kinda big difference in size also :)

Just asking. How can you contact . Ek . Silverstone. Hyperx . ? By emails ? If emails can i ask there emails im planning in a project to. I need also sponsors hehe

Yes and no, I have my techniques. Some are contacts, friends, some are just the support or colleagues.

A general tip is to have done something before to show the companies.

A scratchbuild? This looks amazing so far!! Subed!!

Thanks razor!

Those are some nice rads and fittings, my friend, real nice.

Sure they are, thanks!

Sweet.

Thanks!

Speaking of sponsors, I want to introduce you to some new ones!

fredrik_zpsd886c779.jpg

Intel joins in and let me get my hands on a QG81 ES 4.00GHz Malay!

Also MSI and Inet joins in with the Z97M motherboard!

Putting it all together

After getting the motherboard I just had to put it all together, first I had to sleep tho, and I promise you it was hard....

But something is missing?!! :o

IMG_0396_zpse2767573.jpg

Don't worry guys, I took it off to be able to demount the "claws". You will see what will be done with this later!

IMG_0394_zps1290f970.jpg

Warranty.... What a joke :rofl:

IMG_0391_zps7ee2dd8f.jpg

Meanwhile I took apart the PSU, for the same reason as for the North bridge.

IMG_0387_zps8d526d7a.jpg

There was a design-flaw which I found out. The PCI-e cutouts is about 3-4mm to high, therefore the GPU wont be able to fit in the motherboard.

IMG_0385_zps33aef102.jpg

The motherboard is also 1 mm off, therefore the I/O plate wont be able to be there in this version. Will be fixed for 2.0!

The front with the vandal switch!

IMG_0365_zpsa1562f8e.jpg

This is the side you wont look at much hopefully haha

IMG_0383_zpsae98bd1e.jpg

How to corners look more close up!

IMG_0360_zps7046edf4.jpg

This is probably the picture you have all been waiting for. Everything is mounted! (Except watercooling and one fan)

IMG_0359_zps17b3f9c4.jpg

IMG_0349_zps46dbec06.jpg

There was a design-flaw which I found out. The PCI-e cutouts is about 3-4mm to high, therefore the GPU wont be able to fit in the motherboard.

The motherboard is also 1 mm off, therefore the I/O plate wont be able to be there in this version. Will be fixed for 2.0!

This is probably the picture you have all been waiting for. Everything is mounted! (Except watercooling and one fan)

on version 2 are you going to be doing another from scratch or just replace the parts that dont fit?

Also. Looks fantastic. Good job.

Blarg

:o Looking great so far. Are you going to be painting it as is or maybe try powder coating?

on version 2 are you going to be doing another from scratch or just replace the parts that dont fit?

Also. Looks fantastic. Good job.

That was a pretty good idea. Never though of that haha.Thanks

:o Looking great so far. Are you going to be painting it as is or maybe try powder coating?

Indeed, check the teaser down below ;)

The ram looks so cool.

Thanks,

Here comes a teaser until next update!10805756_10153432728977662_3303303154762

This is from the event I was at last weekend together with my friend Frida from Intels Kitchen

That was a pretty good idea. Never though of that haha.Thanks

Indeed, check the teaser down below ;)

Thanks,

Here comes a teaser until next update!10805756_10153432728977662_3303303154762

This is from the event I was at last weekend together with my friend Frida from Intels Kitchen

i personally like the raw metal look better but it does still look great after some paint.

Blarg