GPU clock rate Issues

Title sums it prettymuch up.

my R9 290PCS+ by POWERCOLOR does not use its full potential and instead gives me whopping <30FPS @1080p (~500-600MHz)

the specs are as follows:

FX-6100 @ baseclock (multipier sets itself to 16x; 18x and 19.5x)

8GB DDR3 (1x8GB @1600MHz)

ASRock 990FX Extreme 9

Seasonic 760Watt Platinum

SAMSUNG 840EVO 1TB SSD

(there is no bottleneck)

and no, its not the RAM(I tested it)

it happens with all the Games I have(LoL, Planetside2, JustCause2, Skyrim, Firefall, Crysis3, AC4 and especially in BF3) but BF3 is special(cutscenes@>100FPS whereas ingame <25) at any settings

(I guess it´s a Assasins Creed Unity machine)

I hope you have enough info,

Peter Ernst

(I also apologize for my bad English)

how are you measuring fps.  last time i tried fraps it locked all my games at given fps not sure if it was 60 or 30.

but this seems very strange, was it a new build or an upgrade

check the clock speed of the GPU is it around 1000 or is it at 300.  if the card is not happy it will run at 300 or 200 mhz in a sort of safe mode

Try to return the CPU to it's original state, downclock.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

@ross06187 I´m using Overwolf which is pretty accurate and some of the games (LoL and JC2) have it built in.

@cerasai the CPU is at its original state since 2 weeks, but I just tried Downclocking by turning the multiplicand down to x15 wich gave me higher Framerates but also high microstutter and character jumping (only tested LoL because you know it´s 1.10AM atm here in Germany.

@peeteer What you could do or check is...

Setting Windows to High performance profile, using the "Power options' in Control panel. 8.1 has no advanced option but does this W7 bit by default > W7 does have advanced for Power options and you can force MINCPU Multiplyiers to 100% so it never declocks the CPU. Or you could disable the Cool'n'Quiet/Whatever AMD calls it for CPU power saving in the Bios.

You could disable core parking for lightly threaded/CPU workloads to not turn off certain cores off and on during medium loads.

https://bitsum.com/parkcontrol/

If you have not already, set the "power limit' on the GPU (Via AMD CCC or MSI Afterburner/Alternatives) to +20 or +50% (Does not OC your card, just Maintains the Actual Set clockspeed and limits most declocking)

You can also disable Powerplay/Powertune for the GPU to hard set this (Using MSI) , but the power limit should suffice.

Maybe also re-install the CHIPSET drivers for your motherboard from their website, just to eliminate driver bugs.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Use gpuz to monitor gpu temps and clocks.

This try this one out first or check out your temps maybe it's down clocking due to high temp or something.

Live your life like a dream.

@Jetster                                                  I do never even consider turning it on

@Joshua Ondangan&kurahk7                 I do always and my highest measured temp (after >30minutes of Furmark) was 65°C (149°F) and ~60°C on the CPU(maximum Temp I could achieve with prime95)

@SkilledRebuilds                                     did what you said and I Reinstalled Windows Yesterday......