Logitech G502 vs. Razer Deathadder Chroma

Go to solution Solved by Jerakl,

What about the steelseries rival? I would have gotten it a long time ago if it weren't for that whole "surface wears out in two days" thing that hardwarecanucks covered in their review.

Just get the G502 and be done with it! I believe @CreepersCrawlers has one (The steelseries mouse that is).

Logitech's Gaming software is also very nicely designed, everything is easy to fine and easy to tune, you can even optimize the mouse the the type of material you are using it one. My only gripe with it is that it applies the settings in real time. This is only really a problem if you are going to use the DPI slider, I just dial in the numbers now.

For the record, my case and keyboard are both black and red. It was totally worth it, the majority of the blue is covered by your hand most of the time anyways. The flashiest blue part is the large blue "G" on it, which is right under your palm/ The only other LEDs are the Profile/DPI indicators on the side, which AFAIK only turn on when you change something (switch DPi/profile).

I have been trying to decide between these two for a while now. The deathadder chroma has rgb lighting, which would look awesome with my rgb keyboard. However, the g502 has an awesomely overkill sensor, weight tuning, and the hyper-fast scrolling feature. It lacks rgb. Which one should I get? 

For recommendations that aren't these two mice, here are my preferences.
Preferences:

Heavy

RGB

No acceleration

Sniper button

Although G502 uses a laser sensor, the specific type it uses, AFAIK has had no complaints of acceleration.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Although G502 uses a laser sensor, the specific type it uses, AFAIK has had no complaints of acceleration.

It uses optical.....

G502 has sniper button, has everything on that list except RGB. I have one and it is amaaaaaazing. I almost got  kicked banned from a BF4 server today because a sniper tried to shoot me while I was driving and I jumped off did a 360 and shot him without missing a shot. Every time I move the mouse, it goes exactly where I want it to. I'm a bit of a fanboy.

I love my G502 a lot, if I go somewhere and I think I might play PC games for more then 1 hours, I bring my G502. Everywhere.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

optical* 

I'd go g502.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Yeah, it uses a 12,000 cpi optical sensor with no intrapolation.

It uses optical.....

G502 has sniper button, has everything on that list except RGB. I have one and it is amaaaaaazing. I almost got  kicked banned from a BF4 server today because a sniper tried to shoot me while I was driving and I jumped off did a 360 and shot him without missing a shot. Every time I move the mouse, it goes exactly where I want it to. I'm a bit of a fanboy.

I love my G502 a lot, if I go somewhere and I think I might play PC games for more then 1 hours, I bring my G502. Everywhere.

Well, the deathadder can turn its buttons 4 or 5 into a sniper button thru razer synapse.

Yeah, it uses a 12,000 cpi optical sensor with no intrapolation.

Not like you'd need 12K dpi unless you're playing on an 16K monitor.

Well, the deathadder can turn its buttons 4 or 5 into a sniper button thru razer synapse.

Logitech has a dedicated one. And more buttons. The sniper button is perfectly positioned where the end of your thumb is, so you just have to press down. (depending how big your hands are).

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

What about the steelseries rival? I would have gotten it a long time ago if it weren't for that whole "surface wears out in two days" thing that hardwarecanucks covered in their review.

It uses optical.....

My mistake, it IS optical. IR-Optical :D

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

@Jerakl True, and more buttons are always better. However, my keyboard is rgb and my case is black with red accents, so the blue wouldn't exactly match. Do you think that it is worth getting a better mouse at the expense of having it look completely out of place? My gaming laptop (MSI gs60) is also black with a red logo on it and has rgb lighting.

Just get the G502 and be done with it! I believe @CreepersCrawlers has one (The steelseries mouse that is).

Logitech's Gaming software is also very nicely designed, everything is easy to fine and easy to tune, you can even optimize the mouse the the type of material you are using it one. My only gripe with it is that it applies the settings in real time. This is only really a problem if you are going to use the DPI slider, I just dial in the numbers now.

For the record, my case and keyboard are both black and red. It was totally worth it, the majority of the blue is covered by your hand most of the time anyways. The flashiest blue part is the large blue "G" on it, which is right under your palm/ The only other LEDs are the Profile/DPI indicators on the side, which AFAIK only turn on when you change something (switch DPi/profile).

It uses optical.....

Lol. I'll take that into consideration. I'm coming from one of those $2 dell optical mice (with acceleration), so anything would be a huge upgrade (except maybe another dell mouse).

Thx. I think I have gotten a unanimous vote from everyone here, so I'll just go with the g502. Can't wait to get it!

Lol. I'll take that into consideration. I'm coming from one of those $2 dell optical mice (with acceleration), so anything would be a huge upgrade (except maybe another dell mouse).

Well, what type of games do you play? From what I know the G402 is a cut down version with a different sensor (not a laser). It's more designed for FPS games and is a bit cleaner with less LEDs, but a couple less features.

Thx. I think I have gotten a unanimous vote from everyone here, so I'll just go with the g502. Can't wait to get it!

Also, the weight system is pretty nice, you can choose where you put the weight so you can customize the center of gravity on the mouse to your liking (to an extent). It's also a decently weighty mouse to begin with.

Well, what type of games do you play? From what I know the G402 is a cut down version with a different sensor (not a laser). It's more designed for FPS games and is a bit cleaner with less LEDs, but a couple less features.

Nah, I like the extra weights and the cool scroll wheel. I like much heavier mice (sniping), but ones that also can do high sensitivities for rocket jumping in tf2 (12,000) CPI!!!!). Might even come in handy when playing videogames on a jumbotron.

Also, the weight system is pretty nice, you can choose where you put the weight so you can customize the center of gravity on the mouse to your liking (to an extent). It's also a decently weighty mouse to begin with.

They can also save your life, as proven in this video by Logitech. Much Legit.

They can also save your life, as proven in this video by Logitech. Much Legit.

So legit.

MAIN SELLING POINT RIGHT HERE!!! The g502 proteus core saves lives.

I would have just shot them. With an illegal concealed weapon.