how do i get windows 7 for free on new computer

Dylan lol

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wTwLbv
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wTwLbv/by_merchant/

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($28.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard  ($260.63 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB FTW ACX Video Card  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($32.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $532.58
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-26 21:34 EDT-0400

why would i get a 260 dollar motherboard when i5-2400 cant even oc?

i remember a while back you could get a copy of windows for cheaper if you used a .edu email, do they still do this?

CPU: AMD fx-6200 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA 970a ud3p RAM: Team Vulcan 2x4GB 1600 DDR3 GPU: HIS R9 270x 1160/1500 PSU: Logisys 750w 80 Plus Bronze Storage: Kingston 120gb V300/ Western Digital Black/Seagate Barracuda

changed it

ok well, do you know for sure that i would not need to buy windows 7 once i change motherboards? what would happen once i open up my case and switch out these 5 parts and boot the computer up?

ok well, do you know for sure that i would not need to buy windows 7 once i change motherboards? what would happen once i open up my case and switch out these 5 parts and boot the computer up?

if you have windows on your existing HDD, you will not need to buy it, but, you will need to run software to change the drivers for your new hardware. Sadly, i don't know how to do that

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

if you have windows on your existing HDD, you will not need to buy it, but, you will need to run software to change the drivers for your new hardware. Sadly, i don't know how to do that

so i need to run software before i change out the 5 parts? or can i change out the 5 parts and boot up the computer and it will tell me what to do on the monitor?

i remember a while back you could get a copy of windows for cheaper if you used a .edu email, do they still do this?

There still are student discounts, but only for certain universities.

from reading everything above, youre pretty much covered and good. if nothing else works out you could always use linux for a bit until you save for windows :P its gotten really good.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

from reading everything above, youre pretty much covered and good. if nothing else works out you could always use linux for a bit until you save for windows :P its gotten really good.

i just want to know what will happen when i change my case, psu, gpu, cpu cooler, and motherboard and then boot up my computer. like will it boot up normally, will it do something weird like blue screen, or what? ive only used pre-builts in my life so i dont know what happens when u change parts

i just want to know what will happen when i change my case, psu, gpu, cpu cooler, and motherboard and then boot up my computer. like will it boot up normally, will it do something weird like blue screen, or what? ive only used pre-builts in my life so i dont know what happens when u change parts

theres a first for everything my friend :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

theres a first for everything my friend :P

why dont u tell me so i dont get fucked over please

why dont u tell me so i dont get fucked over please

too lazy to look it up? theres more than 100 vids on it i can imagine. heck, linus probably has one lmao :)

too lazy to look it up? theres more than 100 vids on it i can imagine. heck, linus probably has one lmao :)

i mean if you know you can just tell me, im watching a PPV right now and dont know.

well how about this option. i keep my HDD from my pre-built, keep the cpu, and then just buy a new motherboard because the motherboard on my pre-built is bad. would it make me buy windows for that?

Propbaly not gonna work. First problem would be that prebuilds use branded OEMs which are tied to mobo. Change mobo and you will need to call MS to get it activated with new mobo. Which isn't guaranteed to work. Another problem is that you can't just change mobo and expect everything to work. It could be fine, just uninstall drivers in old build and install new ones on new build. But don't come here crying if you get boot loop, BSOD or some other weird problem.

Why not go for Win8.1 from g2a? Way cheaper than paying $100 for Win7 key.

If you just replace the motherboard then you shouldn't have to reinstall Windows.

That is pretty much only case where one HAS to reinstall windows. You can change all other things (OS drive is different ofc) but with mobo it gets difficult.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Propbaly not gonna work. First problem would be that prebuilds use branded OEMs which are tied to mobo. Change mobo and you will need to call MS to get it activated with new mobo. Which isn't guaranteed to work. Another problem is that you can't just change mobo and expect everything to work. It could be fine, just uninstall drivers in old build and install new ones on new build. But don't come here crying if you get boot loop, BSOD or some other weird problem.

Why not go for Win8.1 from g2a? Way cheaper than paying $100 for Win7 key.

That is pretty much only case where one HAS to reinstall windows. You can change all other things (OS drive is different ofc) but with mobo it gets difficult.

so i should uninstall nvidia drivers and then install 750 ti drivers, and then turn everything off and put the new mobo and gpu in the new case + the old hdd cpu ram in the new case and then boot it up is what i believe i should do right? why would i get a blue screen and everything not working just for changing the mobo? and what is g2a, id rather use windows 7

so i should uninstall nvidia drivers and then install 750 ti drivers, and then turn everything off and put the new mobo and gpu in the new case + the old hdd cpu ram in the new case and then boot it up is what i believe i should do right? why would i get a blue screen and everything not working just for changing the mobo? and what is g2a, id rather use windows 7

GPU drivers don't matter in this situation. I mean chipset, onboard audio, LAN etc which mobo directly uses. Those will be ones that will conflict with new mobo. As for why BSOD... because your OS is configured to one mobo and when it sees another, it faints. I've only seen boot loop happening after mobo change. But I've read in here about BSODs, random crashing problems, freezing, slowness etc. So everything is possibly. Thats why most do reinstall.

G2A had at some point really cheap windows keys. Apparently now they only have 8.1 Pro keys.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv