how do i get windows 7 for free on new computer

Dylan lol

You buy it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

You don't, You just pay

EDIT: Unless you want to pirate it, which i don't recommend at all

Yeah, and if you do pirate, don't fall for them. I dowloaded Windows 7 which said it was preactivated. Before you know it, my computer rejected it instantly and it wasn't legit. Fuck piraters.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

how do i pirate it? ive seen people say they get windows 7 for free on here before. i want to know how they do it

Trust me, it isn't possible.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Nope. No pirates here *looks around at everyone*

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3WYkbv

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3WYkbv/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i3-4330 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($127.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($28.98 @ OutletPC) 

Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($137.99 @ NCIX US) 

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($82.99 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  ($235.66 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($28.99 @ NCIX US) 

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($16.98 @ OutletPC) 

Total: $659.58

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-26 21:12 EDT-0400

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

You buy it...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

how do i pirate it? ive seen people say they get windows 7 for free on here before. i want to know how they do it

Asking about how to pirate software, especially Windows, is not appropriate on the forum. Windows development costs money. If you want to get it the way you should, pay for it.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95599-linus-tech-tips-forum-code-of-conduct/

You may not request, distribute, link to or enable any activities which involve the procurement or distribution of pirated software, product cracks or keys or the supply, exchange or distribution of any copyright material including TV recordings. Doing so may result in the termination of your account without notice. In addition, any of the following violations are grounds for action being taken on your post and/or account:

Seeking help to create or find cracks.
Seeking missing files that are supplied with copyrighted installation CD(s)
Admitting to being involved in the distribution of copyrighted software/media, cracks and product keys.
Requesting or discussing the trade, sale, exchange or supply of any copyrighted material including (but not limited) to TV recordings, DVDs, movies, music, software etc.
Identifying torrents sources or websites where copyright material may be obtained.
Provide or request login details for restricted websites.

"Rawr XD"

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ncZNBm
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ncZNBm/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i3-4330 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($127.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($28.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($107.93 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($82.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB DirectCU II Video Card  ($184.25 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($28.99 @ NCIX US) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($16.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $578.11
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-26 21:06 EDT-0400

my current cpu is i5-2400 and its better than that pos 4330. i guess i could just keep the 2400 and buy a new lga 1155 mobo (the pre built motherboard is a pos)

Asking about how to pirate software, especially Windows, is not appropriate on the forum. Windows development costs money. If you want to get it the way you should, pay for it.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95599-linus-tech-tips-forum-code-of-conduct/

thats like saying to pay for every song, its illogical and its why everyone downloads music. same for windows, i just dont know how. not everyone has their mom paying for it.

thats like saying to pay for every song, its illogical and its why everyone downloads music. same for windows, i just dont know how. not everyone has their mom paying for it.

All I'm saying is that it's against the code of conduct to be asking for how to pirate stuff, because that is illegal. Just trying to keep you out of trouble.

"Rawr XD"

All I'm saying is that it's against the code of conduct to be asking for how to pirate stuff, because that is illegal. Just trying to keep you out of trouble.

well how about this option. i keep my HDD from my pre-built, keep the cpu, and then just buy a new motherboard because the motherboard on my pre-built is bad. would it make me buy windows for that?

you cant legally get it for free, and were not allowed to recommend illegal activity, its probably against COC

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

Yes but as linus is a well known figure he does not want to be branded as someone that pirates nor being used as a promoter of pirating, its not hard to comprehend. 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

well how about this option. i keep my HDD from my pre-built, keep the cpu, and then just buy a new motherboard because the motherboard on my pre-built is bad. would it make me buy windows for that?

If you just replace the motherboard then you shouldn't have to reinstall Windows.

"Rawr XD"

keep the HDD, the CPU, buy a new mobo, new ram (maybe) and a new graphics card, and keep windows (from your old HDD)

Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE

my current cpu is i5-2400 and its better than that pos 4330. i guess i could just keep the 2400 and buy a new lga 1155 mobo (the pre built motherboard is a pos)

If the rig specs listed in your profile is what you currently have, then you might as well just upgrade a few components while keeping that system and its Windows license. An i5-2400 isn't that bad, especially if you're only pairing it with midrange GPUs..

Swap out the PSU and throw in a GTX 760, and you'd have a very capable gaming PC for only ~$300..

Edit:

Edit2: To anyone who saw it, disregard previous edit..

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

keep the HDD, the CPU, buy a new mobo, new ram (maybe) and a new graphics card, and keep windows (from your old HDD)

i want to keep my 7200 rpm 1tb hdd, i5-2400, 2x4gb 1333 ram, and the optical disk.

i want a new case, psu, gpu, mobo, and cooler. im thinking rosewill capstone 450, 212 evo cooler, and 750 ti. not sure about case and mobo yet. but i do not want to pay for windows 7 when it came with my pre-built.

If the rig specs listed in your profile is what you currently have, then you might as well just upgrade a few components while keeping that system and its Windows license. An i5-2400 isn't that bad, especially if you're only pairing it with midrange GPUs..

Swap out the PSU and throw in a GTX 760, and you'd have a very capable gaming PC for only ~$300..

yeah but im wondering if i swap out the motherboard, would i have to pay the 100 for windows 7? ive read that the motherboard that came with my prebuilt will not work with any new gpu's like 750 ti. you can google carmel2 gtx on google and you'll see.

i want to keep my 7200 rpm 1tb hdd, i5-2400, 2x4gb 1333 ram, and the optical disk.

i want a new case, psu, gpu, mobo, and cooler. im thinking rosewill capstone 450, 212 evo cooler, and 750 ti. not sure about case and mobo yet. but i do not want to pay for windows 7 when it came with my pre-built.

What is your budget for all of those devices? I'll see what i can find

What is your budget for all of those devices? I'll see what i can find

a few hundred for the case, psu, 750 ti, 212 evo, and the mobo. all i need to know is if ill have to buy windows 7, because i already have windows 7 right now but i dont know if swapping out the motherboard will take it away

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vWZVLk

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vWZVLk/by_merchant/

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme6 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard  ($153.98 @ SuperBiiz) 

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB FTW ACX Video Card  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 

Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ NCIX US) 

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($32.99 @ NCIX US) 

Total: $425.93

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-26 21:37 EDT-0400