Intel Pentium G3258 OC sweetspot

Go to solution Solved by SSOB,

I wouldn't overclock it with the stock cooler. Maybe max 3.8GHZ and a super minimal voltage boost. Heat can degrade a chip too ( But you should be fine if you keep it under 70 degrees.)

What is the ideal clock frequency for this processor for performance and a 5+ year lifespan?

as high as you can go, remeber to get a cheap cpu cooler like a Hyper 212 evo, you can hit like 4.6 on that cooler and reach like 70 degrees celecius

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

As high as you can get it, each chip overclocks differently so we can't say the best oc you will get.

It will most likely not be a good choice for 5+ years in the future.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

as high as you can go, remeber to get a cheap cpu cooler like a Hyper 212 evo, you can hit like 4.6 on that cooler and reach like 70 degrees celecius

Not true at all, if you run a chip at the max it can go it won't reach 5 years at all.

Interested in Business and Technology

I'm using the stock cooler due to budget restrictions, that 70º are while idling or while heavy use?

4.2ghz

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

It depends, Not all CPU's can reach the same overclocks at the same temps.

I dont advice anyone exept performance extremists to overclock right away.

If you want your CPU to hold up for as long as possible you should not overclock it.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

I'm using the stock cooler due to budget restrictions, that 70º are while idling or while heavy use?

if you are using the stock cooler dont try to go past 4 or you will run into overheating

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

Every chip is different. I would say about 4GHZ.

I will go with that and watch the temperatures, if it starts overheating, I will stop overclocking it

It depends, Not all CPU's can reach the same overclocks at the same temps.

I dont advice anyone exept performance extremists to overclock right away.

If you want your CPU to hold up for as long as possible you should not overclock it.

The cpu can be oc'ed using the same voltage that's applied at stock which wouldn't affect the lifespan. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

if you are using the stock cooler dont try to go past 4 or you will run into overheating

I'm running a stock cooler. I would say the limit is more 4.2ghz; but even then it's 12 out today and round 18C in my house and it's around 50C

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I wouldn't overclock it with the stock cooler. Maybe max 3.8GHZ and a super minimal voltage boost. Heat can degrade a chip too ( But you should be fine if you keep it under 70 degrees.)

Interested in Business and Technology