Cotana vs Siri

I/O

lol. its workable :P

How so ... ? Is there a 3rd party solution for touch screen support under some Linux distros ?

How so ... ? Is there a 3rd party solution for touch screen support under some Linux distros ?

no xD linus runs. and stays there. I have no way of using a mouse or keyboard :P

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

no xD linus runs. and stays there. I have no way of using a mouse or keyboard :P

How and what do you mean ?

How and what do you mean ?

I mean I have a "hack" to use linux instead of ios. but its completly useless cus I can't do anything.. it runs though

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I mean I have a "hack" to use linux instead of ios. but its completly useless cus I can't do anything.. it runs though

See if Apple grew a brain and heart they would allow third party apps.

How did they abandon anything ?

No. I mean I would be abandoning an entire ecosystem of apps if I were to switch to windows phone. This follows suit when switching to any platform from another. It's just that Windows phone dose not have a huge selection of apps, so the loss would have a bigger impacts.

I really like Windows phone/Lumia devices. It's just the app store :(

No. I mean I would be abandoning an entire ecosystem of apps if I were to switch to windows phone. This follows suit when switching to any platform from another. It's just that Windows phone dose not have a huge selection of apps, so the loss would have a bigger impacts.

I really like Windows phone/Lumia devices. It's just the app store :(

What ... "apps" do you even exclusively use. I bet everything just works from first boot for you and most people. As for gaming LOL I suggest a PC or console for that as mobile gaming sucks on any mobile device.

What ... "apps" do you even exclusively use. I bet everything just works from first boot for you and most people. As for gaming LOL I suggest a PC or console for that as mobile gaming sucks on any mobile device.

I've run a jailbroken iphone for 3 years so my 'apps' are really 'tweaks' that are exclusive to cydia. Things like btstacks, mx tube, etc just don't have a place on windows phone. I don't do gaming on my mobile devices at all. I have a pc for that.

From what I've heard, things like instagram, notability, dropbox, etc only have basic functionality when it comes to windows phone.

I've run a jailbroken iphone for 3 years so my 'apps' are really 'tweaks' that are exclusive to cydia. Things like btstacks, mx tube, etc just don't have a place on windows phone. I don't do gaming on my mobile devices at all. I have a pc for that.

From what I've heard, things like instagram, notability, dropbox, etc only have basic functionality when it comes to windows phone.

So Cydia is better than Windows Phone Gottcha LOL.

So Cydia is better than Windows Phone Gottcha LOL.

What? Is this what this conversation is to you? 'Which is better?'

I effectively end this now then. Each OS has its own pros and cons that suit each other. I simply am saying that I enjoy a more robust application ecosystem the windows phone just can't offer at the time. Things like 'GOTCHA' and 'LOL' really prove to me that we can't discuss on the same level of maturity when it comes to this topic.

Goodbye

What? Is this what this conversation is to you? 'Which is better?'

I effectively end this now then. Each OS has its own pros and cons that suit each other. I simply am saying that I enjoy a more robust application ecosystem the windows phone just can't offer at the time. Things like 'GOTCHA' and 'LOL' really prove to me that we can't discuss on the same level of maturity when it comes to this topic.

Goodbye

Ok then go play with some shit jankey second rate crap. Don't call me down because I don't like to mess with shit !

Ok then go play with some shit jankey second rate crap. Don't call me down because I don't like to mess with shit !

Fanboism at its finest

Really? iOS + Cydia Second rate? You don't even acknowledge that each os has its ups and downs. You completely refute anything that is not windows phone.

Fanboism at its finest

Really? iOS + Cydia Second rate? You don't even acknowledge that each os has its ups and downs. You completely refute anything that is not windows phone.

Really so your a fanboy too ? I like Android and Windows Phone OS and you like ios ... Good for both of us LOOL.

Really so your a fanboy too ? I like Android and Windows Phone OS and you like ios ... Good for both of us LOOL.

I like iOS, but I never said anything about android. I'm even switching to android after 3 years of using iOS. I'm saying your a fanboy because you blindly follow windows phone and don't realize each os has its ups and downs that fit different people. Someone might like the relative simplicity of iOS, or the customizability of android. Some one might even like the stable and basic platform windows provides.

Once again. It seems you feel the need to get back at me in some way. We can not discuss this on the same level of maturity simply because you are not mature at all. Since when is one required to chose one mobile os?

I like iOS, but I never said anything about android. I'm even switching to android after 3 years of using iOS. I'm saying your a fanboy because you blindly follow windows phone and don't realize each os has its ups and downs that fit different people. Someone might like the relative simplicity of iOS, or the customizability of android. Some one might even like the stable and basic platform windows provides.

Once again. It seems you feel the need to get back at me in some way. We can not discuss this on the same level of maturity simply because you are not mature at all. Since when is one required to chose one mobile os?

At the end of the day they all do the same exact thing ... allow us to communicate much more efficiently than in the past and they are all amazing at this task.

I don't think I have ever seen anybody use Siri/GoogleNow/Cortana other than for hilarity purposes.

Personally the only voice command that I find useful is the ability to identify music w/o opening an app (Siri is powered by Shazam).

Well after I've just put the dev preview on my 8S (had to reset the phone initially to do it) I can say that cortana is superior to Siri, as I use both of them. Cortana has a more personal touch to it, even with just the app, the way it give you a news feed and weather feed, all based on your interests, whereas Siri just can't do that, you need to install third party apps to get features as capable as cortana. It's a central hub for the whole of windows phone, whilst Siri is more of a gimmick and a party piece.

I've had a go of google now, and I reckon it's about as good as cortana, but not with the same finesse and personal feel to it.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a phone just to have cortana, as good as it is, but then again I wouldn't buy a phone to have Siri or google now either. Considering cortana is only in the beta phase in the UK, and alpha in places like Australia, it's seriously impressed me and can only get better, but it's still not good enough as it can't be used without touching the screen, which google now can do, and is limited to bing search so far as I know, so I can't set it to google as I would like to.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Define "better" for us...

One that will actually help you bury bodies. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III