Looking for the perfect PSU

Hi Guys,

due to a failed RAM-Slot on my motherboard I am planning a complete overhaul of my gaming system. 

I'm also looking for a new PSU because my Corsair GS800 will be used in another build.

The future specs of my rig are going to be:

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen 3 Rev. 2.0

CPU: AMD FX8350 (OC)

Cooler: Corsair H100

RAM: GSkill RipjawX 16GB (OC)

GPU: XFX HD7970 DD (non GHz-Edition, but still OC)

SSD: 2x Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB

HDD: some random 1TB 7200rpm SATAII drive

1x DVD drive

Case: ANTEC P280 windowed

The PSU in question shall be: 1. Silent

2. Suitable colour (red, black)

3. Modular/ Semimodular

Greets from - still above the water - Bavaria

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.2GHz cooled by Corsair H100 | Mainboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z | GPU: XFX HD7970 DD 3GB | RAM: 16GB G.Skill RipjawsX | Case: ANTEC P280 windowed | PSU: beQuiet! 650W DarkPower Pro

Now @ University in Munich: Games Engineering!!!!

Corsair AX760i 

Silent - Tick

Black and Orange/Red - Half tick?

Fully Modular - Tick 

Plus - 80+ Platinum

High quality

Trusted Brand

7 Years warranty 

*Note* 760W is more than you need by about 150W, with your specs you'll only need a 500W PSU.

Corsair AX760i 

Silent - Tick

Black and Orange/Red - Half tick?

Fully Modular - Tick 

Plus - 80+ Platinum

High quality

Trusted Brand

7 Years warranty 

*Note* 760W is more than you need by about 150W, with your specs you'll only need a 500W PSU.

Love the 760i myself! A very SOLID unit!

I wouldn't even consider the 760/860i's.

I have had both myself and each has suffered with coil whine issues, And I'm not the only one, check out Corsair boards and see for yourself.

Check out the

Silverstone Strider's

Seasonic X-Series

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

The Corsiar AX760i looks great. The extra Power it has I might use for a sound card in the future and just in general as a safety margin.

As for the Seasonic PSUs, they are not available at my german retailer.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.2GHz cooled by Corsair H100 | Mainboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z | GPU: XFX HD7970 DD 3GB | RAM: 16GB G.Skill RipjawsX | Case: ANTEC P280 windowed | PSU: beQuiet! 650W DarkPower Pro

Now @ University in Munich: Games Engineering!!!!

I have had both myself and each has suffered with coil whine issues, And I'm not the only one, check out Corsair boards and see for yourself.

Check out the

Silverstone Strider's

Seasonic X-Series

Talk about being unlucky O.o

Corsair PSU units are usually extremely high quality.

On topic - If you don't want to experience coil-whine, Sliverstone and Seasonic also produce extremely high quality PSU, look for PSU's around 550-750W 

Check out the

Silverstone Strider's

Seasonic X-Series

No, that's the non "i" models you are talking about. And about every unit that's produced by Seasonic at that time, even Seasonic's units themselves, have suffered from coil whine issues.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

No, that's the non "i" models you are talking about. And about every unit that's produced by Seasonic at that time, even Seasonic's units themselves, have suffered from coil whine issues.

No that's the iSeries I'm talking about.

I'm using the 760i right now, and it's buzzing like a bee hive.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Go with the Silverstone ST75F-G Evolution or the ST85F-G Evolution. Why? : First of all actually Corsair - Seasonic has alot of issues with Coil Whine / Fan controller, just check their forums, even in others forums like overclock.net, by exemple, are full of issues like that... The "i" version, well this software is a gimmick, and dont work very well, not accurate at all, the "i" version are made by Flextronics, not a well known OEM actually... Second: Silverstone uses AirPenetrator 139MM Fans on their PSU, and its Dynamic Fluid Bearing, way better than the cheap YateLoon dual-bearring that will break soon because of the heat inside the PSU. Silverstone uses Enhance for their OEM... an excellent OEM. 3rd: The colors theme on the Silverstone arent black and red, but there is a quality mesh on that unit, check it out in some reviews, its  a beast :D. And they include a magnetic dust filter on their PSU, so its a good + on that :D

Now with the positive of corsair: Great customer service, and a great warranty! Seasonic has only 3 years warranty on theses units....

Sorry for the english, tried my best :D

Yeah the Corsair AX and HX series are probably what you are looking for.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Tell me what you got, I'm looking for a new PSU too.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II