man in nyc tests positive for ebola virus!

Swndlr

Stop...Just stop.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Well, good thing my nuclear bunker i build before 2012 won't go to waste

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

What makes this case different from other cases that have turned out to be false alarms is that this patient reportedly returned from West Africa within the last two weeks, according to CBS News chief medical correspondent, Dr. Jon LaPook. That is the time symptoms most often begin to appear and Spencer had been showing some of those symptoms.

"Rawr XD"

lol..

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Well it wasnt like the Texas one, where the guy was free in the world with the virus

Should be ok, as long as he's contained..

I cannot imagine what the guy must be feeling now.

Will he ever be released from quarantine?

Poor guy...

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Well there goes the neiborhood

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

I find it funny that such a big deal is made about a disease that has a cure developed prior. Which killed off the disease in the first place...

Yeah good luck with that.

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

I can see the headlights of the Political Bullshit Express train pulling into GCT right now...oh god...

At least it's only in Manhattan ATM. :) I'm in Brooklyn so...

@CreepersCrawlers stay careful...I love you (no homo).

I find it funny that such a big deal is made about a disease that has a cure developed prior. Which killed off the disease in the first place...

theres no cure, theres treatment. and the disease has mutated so no, their "cure" for it hasnt been working if you havent been able to tell.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I can see the headlights of the Political Bullshit Express train pulling into GCT right now...oh god...

At least it's only in Manhattan ATM. :) I'm in Brooklyn so...

@CreepersCrawlers stay careful...I love you (no homo).

<3

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

theres no cure, theres treatment. and the disease has mutated so no, their "cure" for it hasnt been working if you havent been able to tell.

So once you get it, you're screwed? 

:huh:

I really feel sorry for that guy

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

You mean like influenza? It morphs and the cure is updated yearly. That's a normal thing. Hell, influenza is more deadly too and no one makes a big deal everytime someone gets the flu.

You mean like influenza? It morphs and the cure is updated yearly. That's a normal thing. Hell, influenza is more deadly too and no one makes a big deal everytime someone gets the flu.

theres medication for the flu... and when you have the flu youre not traveling on a plane, let alone traveling anywhere, youre sitting at home, in bed.

theres medication for the flu... and when you have the flu youre not traveling on a plane, let alone traveling anywhere, youre sitting at home, in bed.

Ahahaha people go out with the flu all the time. Even when they work with food at places like restaurants. You are actually berated by your boss and criticized for calling in sick with the flu when working at a restaurant. Also there is medication that helps with the symptoms of the flu. It doesn't prevent death that may occur via the virus. It only stops the vomiting and diarrhea associated with contracting it.

I find this video most appropriate for this situation

http://youtu.be/3_cKfMaojLQ

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

Ahahaha people go out with the flu all the time. Even when they work with food at places like restaurants. You are actually berated by your boss and criticized for calling in sick with the flu when working at a restaurant. Also there is medication that helps with the symptoms of the flu. It doesn't prevent death that may occur via the virus. It only stops the vomiting and diarrhea associated with contracting it.

stop getting off topic... point is some dude in the city tested positive for ebola, its news k?

stop getting off topic... point is some dude in the city tested positive for ebola, its news k?

I suppose, someone already posted before it was a man coming from West Africa where the disease is running rampant. So it's to be expected really, he is also quarantined which means the threat factor is null.

what Swindlr is trying to say is basically that you have about a 70+% chance of dying after contracting ebola, even with treatment. 

with the flu, you have like a 5% chance or so.

i know where you're coming from, but you have to remember the flu is treatable. very treatable, even in LDCs. ebola, not so much.

Another difference to keep in mind though is that ebola has been dormant since 1976 meaning limited research went into treatment. Now that another outbreak has occurred research will be in much greater volumes and bring upon better treatments. Just like the flu.

No, this entire thread is off-topic. This is not related to technology news.