Qualcomm Killer rant

Jobbe03

-Rant warning-

So... Today when i got home from the gym decided to go on the forum. I turned on my pc and clicked on the bookmark. 

To my surprise the forum doesn't load and just gives me an error. "The server is probably on fire again" was my first thought, but then i tried going on youtube and got the same error. 

I noticed that both steam and spotify was online, so i go and check firefox to see if it's just a chrome issue. It wasn't it gave me the same error. 

I did some troubleshooting and found out that it was a dns issue, now this is where killer comes into play. I thought it was just the driver fucking up so i went on another computer and downloaded a new version of the driver. 

I then proceeded to install said driver, rebooted and checked google... Only to get a blue screen within the next couple of seconds.

I reboot, uninstall the driver and install a different version (Multiple times), run a speedtest in the killer utility thing and it's working fine. I open Chrome and i get the same fucking dns issue.... 

At this point i was getting pissed, i searched the web only to find answers i had already tried (Manually set DNS, restart router etc.) 

As a last resort i go to an Alienware forum that had a luring title. Turns out the person there had the same issue and had found a fix. What was it? you may ask well, the fix was to uncheck this box in the Killer network manager.  

cf23de2b5440f6e6e5af6a84b58fdf9d.png

Keep in mind i had been trying to fix this for hours at this point...

That was it, unchecking that one F'ING box. 

-Rant over-

Thanks for reading. 

Fuck you Qualcomm and msi 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

I wanted to check that box, then it was only a picture sad  times... 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Yeah I both hate and love stuff like this. I hate that I spent so long on it, but I love that it's done and didn't involve a hardware swap or something.

Yeah I both hate and love stuff like this. I hate that I spent so long on it, but I love that it's done and didn't involve a hardware swap or something.

The feeling you get when you finally figure it out is amazing . (regardless if the solution was dumb/easy) 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder