Holy shit Valve has outdone itself for us Mexican - Steam in Pesos

Misanthrope

So for the fellow Mexicans here on LTT (theres 1 or 2 of you I believe?) Steam is now showing regional prices but it's really fucking competitive: The exchange rate is like 8.5 pesos! (For reference, the normal exchange rate right now is above 13 pesos)

Not only that but they now accept a shitload of new payment options including Oxxo payments (A very popular and common convenience store here) so you don't even need a credit card to pay.

I was initially afraid we'd get screwed over in the exchange rate but it's actually the other way around, its like a 40% discount immediately on ALL OF STEAM. It might change but get something while it lasts

-------

Current Rig

-------

Wanna buy me games? :D

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

anyway  I can lie to steam to make it seem im in mexico?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Where can I get a Mexican VPN?

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

anyway  I can lie to steam to make it seem im in mexico?

Actually yes, a VPN. Though I'm not aware of a VPN to connect from Mexico, it's usually the other way around for us to break through region locking for Netflix and stuff

-------

Current Rig

-------

Actually yes, a VPN. Though I'm not aware of a VPN to connect from Mexico, it's usually the other way around for us to break through region locking for Netflix and stuff

yea :/

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Steam charges us canadians a little extra over USD and even the Euro.

to be fair our currency did drop a fucktonne recently

to be fair our currency did drop a fucktonne recently

fair enough...

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Steam charges us canadians a little extra over USD and even the Euro.

To be honest though, the price difference Steam charges Canadians doesn't even accurately reflect the exchange rate. In other words, they're very generous when they convert to Canadian prices.

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

Actually not all games: I just say Dying Light preorder at 899 Pesos which makes the exchange rate of USD 1 =17.9 Pesos so actually pretty damn fucking expensive or likely changing the ratio to 49.99 euros instead of 49.99 USD

But well most seem to be priced really in our favor though, same deal as with canadian but amplified: Either a lot cheaper or a lot more expensive for a few games

-------

Current Rig

-------

Wanna buy me games? :D

There aren't that many horse games.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Well there's this one:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/276340/

Why don't I already own that?

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Well there's this one:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/276340/

... Already own it ;)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

... Already own it ;)

LOL

... Already own it ;)

What's with you and horses man?

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

What's with you and horses man?

whats with you and not horses? :P

The conversion helps me out a lot too. All the prices are down. Except for Ubisoft games. They are actually up. Yes. Ubisoft indeed has not stopped digging.

Ubisoft games are highest priced in Turkey compared to the rest of the planet now. Like I needed any more reason to NOT buy from them.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Yep, some prices are great but I think it depends on the publisher, for example Borderlands the pre-sequel went from $60 to $510 MXN, that is a great price! But Call of Duty... of course, went from $60 to $1000 MXN, Dying Light is at $900 MXN, but generally I think most will stick with $60 = $600 or $510.