"China, or bust" IOS 8 Jailbreak is on it's last two pillars of hope.[UPDATE]

I don't want to jailbreak my device

I really see no reason to do it personally

I don't either. It's not worth the added security risks. 

I don't either. It's not worth the added security risks. 

There is nothing my phone doenst do that I want it to do

(except emulators but I play them on my nvidia shield)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Main reason people jailbreak their iPhones is so they can pirate apps. That's basically it. Some will say that is not the real reason, but let's not kid ourselves, for the majority of jailbreakers that is the primary reason.

Do you have a jailbroken phone? If you actaully look at the community, a lot of people are very against piracy. This pertains to both cydia tweaks and applications.

Ever since installous was shut down, we haven't really had a sure fire way to pirate apps. For you to make such an overgeneralization is very ignorant and insulting. People jailbreak for the customizability it offers through themes and tweaks. You even see many people leaving the jailbreak scene because ios 8 is enough for them.

Do you have a jailbroken phone? If you actaully look at the community, a lot of people are very against piracy. This pertains to both cydia tweaks and applications.

Ever since installous was shut down, we haven't really had a sure fire way to pirate apps. For you to make such an overgeneralization is very ignorant and insulting. People jailbreak for the customizability it offers through themes and tweaks. You even see many people leaving the jailbreak scene because ios 8 is enough for them.

Except for AppCake, which is now bigger than installous ever was, AppAddict, and then off course i-Funbox.

Yeah there is a small minority of the userbase does not pirate and even left because iOS8 had everything they need; but the majority still are pirates. You're not kidding anyone.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

Except for AppCake, which is now bigger than installous ever was, AppAddict, and then off course i-Funbox.

Yeah there is a small minority of the userbase does not pirate and even left because iOS8 had everything they need; but the majority still are pirates. You're not kidding anyone.

Appcake is not reliable at all. Links don't work d a limited selection of apps. Ifunbox requires the user to manually download an IPA. Never looked at App addict.

From what I've seen, people are against piracy in the jailbroken community. To judge a whole community like that is not something I appreciate.

I wonder, could someone do this to the software on a console?

yes, in a matter of fact. im not entirely sure how, but a friend of me has "jailbroken" an xbox 360, so he is able to run downloaded games from the internets. but this does require hardware mods.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

the best part of having a jailbroken phone was being able to have tweaks to your system, like different lockscreens, and other stuff like that, at least it was when i had my ipod touch 3

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

the best part of having a jailbroken phone was being able to have tweaks to your system, like different lockscreens, and other stuff like that, at least it was when i had my ipod touch 3

My first smartphone, the iPhone 3GS, lasted 3 days before I looked for an alternative means of customization. I jailbroken at 4.2.1 tethered. Now for the past 4 years I've had all my devices jailbroken.

I'll cry if a jailbreak dosnt come ;l

There is nothing my phone doenst do that I want it to do

(except emulators but I play them on my nvidia shield)

There are some apps I wish were in legit App store but I wouldn't jailbreak to get them

There are some apps I wish were in legit App store but I wouldn't jailbreak to get them

which apps?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

My first smartphone, the iPhone 3GS, lasted 3 days before I looked for an alternative means of customization. I jailbroken at 4.2.1 tethered. Now for the past 4 years I've had all my devices jailbroken.

I'll cry if a jailbreak dosnt come ;l

ofcourse a jailbreak will come, it just may cost some time.

Also if the jailbreak guys are getting "bored", they should find a way to get Android running on iPhones. That would be fun :D

Also if the jailbreak guys are getting "bored", they should find a way to get Android running on iPhones. That would be fun :D

Unfortunately, I don't think a port to android is possible. Back in the day, the 3GS got android only because we had a boot exploit. However, we no longer have a way of running any boot exploits I think.

I think it's unlocking the bootloader or bootstrap idk

UPDATE: IOS 8-8.1. Jailbreak has been released by Chinese dev team, pangu.