Ordering from NCIX Internationally

kierden
Go to solution Solved by Fetzie,

Checked NCIX, shipping costs are:

Worldwide Expedited $130.62 Worldwide Express $139.41

So £81 in the UK, I'm still making a saving on the UK prices. Especially if I get a few things.

My sister is actually out in the states over the summer doing Camp America, considering sending it to her and her posting it to me as a gift. Although not sure how feasible this is with sending it to her camp.

Not sure how NCIX would deal with import tax, or whether it would be stopped when in came into the UK and not released until I paid it. I'm hoping someone with experience with this is about to help :D

If I just order the Mobo it will be £260 + £80 Shipping and then maybe another £52 on top = £392, so I may as well just order from the UK if that is the case :(

A couple of things:

The items are held in customs until you pay the fee(s) due. They may charge additional holding fees if you take a long time to pay.

You or your sister will likely have to pay customs on the gift. If you try to get it in the country without declaring the contents to customs and paying the required fees, you are smuggling. And that can send you to prison.

RMA and returns in general will be a pain in the backside, and if the hardware is damaged in transit to the RMA handler then they might not consider it damage that falls under their warranty and send it back at your expense.

Hey there,

I'm about to do a build and really want the Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 as it is sexy, has great features and matches the build, but unfortunately in the UK it is £389 (US $600 CAD $620) which is insane for a Mobo!

Although from NCIX it is CAD $410 or £260, which I'm willing to spend even with the delivery as I may pick up my CPU, GPU, PSU and cooler from there, which will also be cheaper than in the UK. 

So my question is has anybody ordered from NCIX internationally? Especially from the UK, as I'm trying to work out if there will be extra charges such as taxes and duty costs? Also if I had to RMA something would they be alright with that? I understand there will obviously be moreshipping costs if I do have to RMA or return something, but the savings are pretty insane.

Thanks,

Kieren

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/tax-and-duty.htm#3

Should be the information you require.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Me to mate. I'm thinking about the same thing but with the ASUS Formula VI and a i74770K. I Think it would be a good feature for them to build into the website as when i have gone on it before to put them in the cart you can select where you want it shipping to but there are no charges listed :( I don't want to order it and there be an insane shipping/ tax fee :(

Any Info would be appreciated.

All I can tell you is DO NOT USE UPS. They took over a month to ship my components and that was while being in Toronto! There's even an NCIX outlet in my city too, and even some others in my province.

That link helps. But as the UK charge 20% tax on everything declared on the import label, for example the shipping cost. I still don't know how much i will be paying. :( They really need to put a function on their website to deal with this.

Generally speaking the hardware prices in Europe already reflect the amount of money it costs to ship stuff from the US to Europe.

To get an idea for shipping costs, I had a look at http://www.dhl.de/en/paket/preise.html

DHL would charge me 15 euros to send a package, whose dimensions are no greater than w+h+l=90cm with no side longer than 60cm, to the USA from Germany.

They would charge me 36 euros to send a package up to 5kg weight and dimensions of up to 120x60x60 cm to the USA from Germany.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Buying a stick of 8gb ram has a £150 import fee from the USA to the UK. Thats on Ebay. In the UK i buy from ariapc or arianet as its sometimes called. They seem to be the best company along with amazon for buying pc parts.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

So £81 in the UK, I'm still making a saving on the UK prices. Especially if I get a few things.

My sister is actually out in the states over the summer doing Camp America, considering sending it to her and her posting it to me as a gift. Although not sure how feasible this is with sending it to her camp.

Not sure how NCIX would deal with import tax, or whether it would be stopped when in came into the UK and not released until I paid it. I'm hoping someone with experience with this is about to help :D

If I just order the Mobo it will be £260 + £80 Shipping and then maybe another £52 on top = £392, so I may as well just order from the UK if that is the case :(

Buying a stick of 8gb ram has a £150 import fee from the USA to the UK. Thats on Ebay. In the UK i buy from ariapc or arianet as its sometimes called. They seem to be the best company along with amazon for buying pc parts.

Jesus H Christ that is a lot!!!!!!!

Jesus H Christ that is a lot!!!!!!!

Im in Croydon which is lower London so i dont think the price will be different for you.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

A couple of things:

The items are held in customs until you pay the fee(s) due. They may charge additional holding fees if you take a long time to pay.

You or your sister will likely have to pay customs on the gift. If you try to get it in the country without declaring the contents to customs and paying the required fees, you are smuggling. And that can send you to prison.

RMA and returns in general will be a pain in the backside, and if the hardware is damaged in transit to the RMA handler then they might not consider it damage that falls under their warranty and send it back at your expense.

A couple of things:

The items are held in customs until you pay the fee(s) due. They may charge fees if you take a long time to pay.

Well there we go then :D Looks like I'm gonna have to fork up the full UK price or cheap out and go for the Sabertooth :P 

Thanks for all your help peeps!

Well there we go then :D Looks like I'm gonna have to fork up the full UK price or cheap out and go for the Sabertooth :P

Thanks for all your help peeps!

"Cheap out and go for the Sabertooth"

I like that :)

That link helps. But as the UK charge 20% tax on everything declared on the import label, for example the shipping cost. I still don't know how much i will be paying. :( They really need to put a function on their website to deal with this.

Write your authorities. I did the same thing because I was unsure ordering something from Slovenia. They should have an email address for something like this.