Noctua Display Industrial Fans And They Are Black!

Woah... Just the other day I was saying to my friend "If only Noctua made some fans in black then I would buy some."  :blink: Someone is listening in on my conversations... I don't think there was a Kinect nearby? :P  

Holy mother of computing!

Maybe some more people will experience the awesomeness that is Noctua! :D

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Guys, remember two things...

1. Those are prototypes

2. Those are industrial fans, so I'm guessing they're not anything you want in your silent rig

If they are anything like Noctuas other fans they will undervolt very well.

3x Dell U2412M |Silverstone FT03 | Maximus V Gene | 3770K @ 4.5Ghz 1.2V | SLI GTX780 | Mushkin Ridgeback 8GB 1600 CL7 | Corsair AX760

Guys, remember two things...

1. Those are prototypes

2. Those are industrial fans, so I'm guessing they're not anything you want in your silent rig

2000RPM? Who would want that in their personal system O.o I'm curious though, what industrial applications are they suggesting you use this for?

Extreme face cooling

EDIT: double post, lel. IE8 sucks

3x Dell U2412M |Silverstone FT03 | Maximus V Gene | 3770K @ 4.5Ghz 1.2V | SLI GTX780 | Mushkin Ridgeback 8GB 1600 CL7 | Corsair AX760

Extreme face cooling

EDIT: double post, lel. IE8 sucks

This is true. but then again, if they are tweaked for the higher RPMs, then chances are they won't perform as well at lower RPMs, so then Noctua might not be as good a choice as many other fans... But I guess time will tell :)

IE6 sucks worse :P

I couldn't ask for more attractive fans. The brown is probably my favourite part of Noctua's, and they would work well in many cases with the black. Would be interested in a very nice black and brown theme ;P

Blablahbalahabalahbsla....Theyr black! I just bought 6 Corsiar SP120's. I want black noctuas now!!! Gimme!!

In my previous posts about Noctuas colour schemes, I have defended the 2 tone brown colour.  As i quite like it because as soon as you open a case up and see that brown fan, YOU KNOW ITS A NOCTUA. But that being said if there was a replacement for the nf f12 in black i might be persuaded to part with some more cash and get 2 black ones for my top rad. 

Asus Maximus VI Hero , i5 4670k , 8gb Corsair vengeance ddr3, Asus HD 7970 matrix platinum, Corsair AX860, Ocz agility 3 120gb ssd, 1tb wd green hdd, custom water loop. All in an Antec p280

Project redux now has a picture of a consumer grade fan being black! Since they aren't painting them they are now actually 5-20% cheaper being black. 

source- http://www.techpowerup.com/185220/noctua-redoes-award-winning-fans-in-black.html

YUSSS!!!!! Finally! 

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

So Noctua got sick of the population asking them for different colors it seems.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

So Noctua got sick of the population asking them for different colors it seems.

Well it will boost their sales.

40$ per fan seems excessive :D

maybe the released all these great fans.. but with an ugly colour to build up hype so they could release black fans at a higher price...

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

These look just phenomenal! Hopefully the price will not be $10 more for the color...

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

2000rpm does seem a bit excessive for a personal system.....but id buy em!!! haha.

i would pay 5$ extra for black noctuas :D

Apparently they will be cheaper.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

yeah? but i don't want industrial fans with 2-3k rpm, i would pay 5$ extra for standard noctuas in black :D i mean they could even make the rubber things in red/blue/white....it would be sooo coool. everybody would buy noctua

Ironic, it probably costs more to create the ugly color instead of the generic black :D

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I want all black! Those rubber corner thingies all still brown. Fugly......

The cake is a lie!!! -- but the muffins are genuine.

wtf those are ugly as hell.... they look so cheap now. they don't look like quality and performance.. bring back the old color scheme...

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Update: Added Linus video coverage
Confirmed: 
Even though it's running a pretty high RPM. It's still quit and awesome as Linus say.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

It's nice that they're trying out other color schemes, but current Noctua fans go really well in a red and black themed build

im going to go and buy a couple of brown nf-f12's just to prove a point

( and i don't mind the dark ish brown padding, i think it works well with the black body)

It's nice that they're trying out other color schemes, but current Noctua fans go really well in a red and black themed build.

Computer+Interior+1.png

Wow, that rig looks great!

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)