Check my shopping list if there's anything I left out! First time builder (900D case)

Here is my shopping list (http://imgur.com/DqVZX56), the two things that are not there will be the velcro strip I am using to mount the pump to the bottom of my chassis, and primochill's 3/8 5/8 advanced LRT tubing.

post-147117-0-88776100-1413608745_thumb.

This is my planned loop (http://imgur.com/FjhufjR)

post-147117-0-21511800-1413608754_thumb.

Yes, I am not including the CPU, RAM or mobo in the loop mainly because of my budget. Another reason is that this is a 2 years old motherboard (ASRock z77) and I plan to upgrade to a DDR4 2011-3 platform. That is when I will probably make a full loop for my system. Also, I already stuck a h105 on my CPU and temps never go above 60 even in 24/7 use. I already have fans running in my case so it will not be in my shopping list. The reason why I went for water cooling just on the GPU is because my 780 Ti x2 (reference cards) is the main source of audible noise in my system, and also it is running 83 C whenever I play games. 

That said, is there anything that I forgot? If there is any suggestions on how I can make the loop better please let me know!

One thing that I am not sure of is.. the 45 degree adapters on the reservoir. I put those in there so that the tubing won't kink, but I am not sure if those fit in there. In EK's manual for the res it says that I should use their standard PSC fittings. I thought since it's a G1/4 female and G1/4 male it should fit, right? I am really excited for this, been counting if I got the correct number of fittings in the list over and over. Dying to click the checkout button here!

Well, I could have just attached those files..

please for the love of god don't water cool your first rig allot can go wrong from lack of experience 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I guess I worded the title wrong, it's not my very first build ever, but I've had this system for 2 years (mobo and CPU). Upgraded from 7970 to 780 Tis recently and I have helped built rigs for my friends but I just never touched the water cooling area (custom loops, I have used plenty of cpu cooler kits). Now I decided that maybe I want to give it a try..

Here is my shopping list (http://imgur.com/DqVZX56), the two things that are not there will be the velcro strip I am using to mount the pump to the bottom of my chassis, and primochill's 3/8 5/8 advanced LRT tubing.

looks, mmm ok?, but $800 to just cool 2x GPU? sounds a bit overboard.

(sorry about the pun). those ti cards are really blistering hot, until your mod

the BIOS voltage and over-ride the boost 2.0.

are these reference ti's or classifieds?

i wouldn't worry so much about angle fittings till you get hardware into the case.

things may actually appear smaller than normal when it is all mounted in the case.

the scaling, GPU location and actual mounted hardware will change a lot of

thoughts and ideas.

you might think about a parallel SLI bridge to clean up your routing. instead of

enter from under and exit the top, you might consider enter at the bottom and

exit the bottom to feed the return line to the reservoir.

another thought to ponder, would be to consider the D5 Laing pump as the DDC

is a good pump for compact builds, rather airflow dependent as not to burn up

the PCB without adequate airflow on the bottom of pump. the D5 uses the coolant

it pumps as its cooling need. if still wanting the DDC, i'd attach it to the reservoir

using the EK DDC X-RES Top 140 w/ 3.2 PWM Pump (EK-DDC 3.2 PWM X-RES 140)

and swap out the 140 tube for the 250 for sizing. this way no chance for coolant

starvation, direct flow and gets the pump into a cooler part of the chassis.

also, you'd want your drain port to be at the lowest point to drain the coolant.

if not, the rad will be totally filled and spill was is left in that radiator.

When I was trying to justify the cost of 800$, I thought that most of the parts that I bought will be salvage-able so that I can reuse them when I do plan to upgrade my system. I tried to search for D5 pumps in frozencpu but they don't seem to even stock those. I could buy it right off EK's own website, but is this a good idea? I don't know if they will take very long to ship, or put me on a very long wait..(I feel this way because I have heard from others that that happened to them) Another website that I am considering to use is http://www.performance-pcs.com/ It seems like they have a wider variety of products here, and I did find the D5 pump with res that you recommended. I just realized that if you wanted to have the combo that you recommended (buy 140 with pump, replace with 250), you would have to buy the full 250 reservoir, and 140 pump res combo. Oh god, that marketing.. I will still most probably use it cause it'd save me from having to ghetto-mount the pump with velcro and tape. (http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-d5-vario-x-res-140-incl-pump.html)

When you are talking about the SLI bridge, you meant this? --> (http://www.ekwb.com/shop/EK-IM/EK-IM-3831109856437.pdf)

post-147117-0-41435600-1413618784.png

I don't see any way to put the tubing in and out of the blocks from the bottom? Or would it be fine to do it this way that's not recommended by EK?

Yeah, I do agree with you that I shouldn't worry too much about angled fittings, but I spend way too much time planning this and I can't help it!

Regarding the radiator, after looking at pictures of it on EK's website I think that if I orient the radiator the way that I would want it to be, it would end up with the only port on that side ending up on top. I might orient it another way which would put the drain port where I want it while not affecting the tubing routing too much.

When I was trying to justify the cost of 800$, I thought that most of the parts that I bought will be salvage-able so that I can reuse them when I do plan to upgrade my system. I tried to search for D5 pumps in frozencpu but they don't seem to even stock those. I could buy it right off EK's own website, but is this a good idea?

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g30/c107/s1802/list/p1/Liquid_Cooling-PC_Water_Cooling_Pumps-D5_Variants-Page1.html

They stock many, many D5's.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

I completely missed that.. Thanks for reminding

Only 1 GPU backplate?

I just adjusted the number there, also missed that!

This would have went terrible if I didn't post wouldn't it..

I completely missed that.. Thanks for reminding

I just adjusted the number there, also missed that!

This would have went terrible if I didn't post wouldn't it..

The FrozenCPU product directory could use an update or two. Took me forever to find my damn T-Junction and drain ports :P

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

The FrozenCPU product directory could use an update or two. Took me forever to find my damn T-Junction and drain ports :P

Ikr, bad website.

But I live 5 min away, so I can buy stuff directly there and get it immediately

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."