ultra slow internet speed

salellas

Hmm, have you tried uninstalling the sound drivers and restarting your computer to let Windows load in it's own drivers?

not yet, i will when i get home

Hmm, have you tried uninstalling the sound drivers and restarting your computer to let Windows load in it's own drivers?

ok i did that and even changed the power outlet just in case it wasn´t grounded and i still get the wheezing loud noise, the pc tells me all is working fine i even see the sound bar going up and down when i play music but all i hear is noise. 

But the thing is when i connect it with hdmi through the GPU and the sound is crispy clear.

ok i did that and even changed the power outlet just in case it wasn´t grounded and i still get the wheezing loud noise, the pc tells me all is working fine i even see the sound bar going up and down when i play music but all i hear is noise. 

But the thing is when i connect it with hdmi through the GPU and the sound is crispy clear.

Wrong audio device selected in your sound settings? If you want audio through HDMI or Display Port, select your graphics card and then the port # that monitor is connected to. If it is onboard sound then it should be something like Realtek or your sound cards name if you have one installed.

4qzGAwM.png

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

hey threre guys,

for three days now i´ve been having very slow internet speed on my gaming pc, i though it was my isp dicking around with me but i get normal internet speed on any other device in my house (mac, tablets, phones, ps4) so it was clear to me that it´s my pc so i did all the usual things :

-changing cables

-physically clean my pc taking it apart 

-scan for virus/malware

-and finally restoring to win8 now in the process of installing all updates to upgrade to win8.1

and the internet is still very slow

i really don´t know what else to do.

system spec

-asus z77 lx2

-intel i5 3300

-8 gig of ram

-64 gb ssd

-asus hd7850

-550 wtt psu

-wired conection

-updated internet drivers

normal internet speed is 3Mb but i´m getting 0.3Mb now :/

please hel me guys

cheers

Hmm, I have a similar problem, paying for a 6MB/s DL speed and only get 750KB/s. My ISP claims it has nothing to do with them or my DL speed and it's caused from the servers I'm DLing from, odd since I have the problem everywhere, Chrome, Steam, uTorrent, but speed tests say I'm getting 6MB/s. No logic. Anywho, have you tried unplugging everything else from your modem and changing which port your computer is plugged into? 

get your calculators because this is gonna be a tuf one, isp's often advertise Mb/s (Megabit / second) but what these test are probably showing are MB/s (Megabytes / second) wich equals to an eight of the first because 8 megbit = 1 megabyte or 8 bit = 1 byte. so 6Mb/s makes exactly 0.75MB/s and 3Mb/s checks out to around 0.375MB/s so please do your math people before complaining

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3