170$ headphones?

CartertheCOCguy

I need some headphones for 170 USD max! I would perfer a warmer but flat sound but higher in the lows and bass. YES i have seen the Audio Technica ATH m50, i just want to know if there are any more options! :)

What I listen to: Pretty much everything, but House/D&B mostly

Headphones Req.: Portable (will be taking on the bus), Durable, 170$ USD, Around the ear, Noise Isolating, Closed Back

Pairs I have been looking at: BeyerDynamic Custom One Pro, Audio Techinca ATH M50, VModa LP2? (i dunno, i will need to wear these for a long time, and on the ear seems unconfortable)

If you get the V-Moda's get the Crossfade LP, not the LP2 it's not really a significant step up, so it's not worth the extra money. From what I have heard, the V-Modas are great for dance music, so it should suit you perfectly. 

If you get the V-Moda's get the Crossfade LP, not the LP2 it's not really a significant step up, so it's not worth the extra money. From what I have heard, the V-Modas are great for dance music, so it should suit you perfectly. 

yeah but its on ear D: i dunno about keeping it on for 4hrs or so, the do seem built like a fucking tank, some people have not been able to wear them for 20min :/, i dunno

yeah but its on ear D: i dunno about keeping it on for 4hrs or so, the do seem built like a fucking tank, some people have not been able to wear them for 20min :/, i dunno

This is probably due to the pad size, there's a replacement XL version available from Vmoda that usually addresses this issue. They are actually quite comfortable to wear, and yes they are literally tanks, without the gun part.

This is probably due to the pad size, there's a replacement XL version available from Vmoda that usually addresses this issue. They are actually quite comfortable to wear, and yes they are literally tanks, without the gun part.

cool! will def check it out!

The Razer Kraken Forged are going for 170ish on amazon.

The Sennhieser Momentums on-ears are going for 150ish on amazon.

The Munitio Nines SLVs ear buds are about 135-150 depending on which color you choose on amazon.

Just 3 different suggestions depending on your preference of headphones. One last thing all these headphones are in USD and Linus did a review of them. 

The Razer Kraken Forged are going for 170ish on amazon.

The Sennhieser Momentums on-ears are going for 150ish on amazon.

The Munitio Nines SLVs ear buds are about 135-150 depending on which color you choose on amazon.

Just 3 different suggestions depending on your preference of headphones. One last thing all these headphones are in USD and Linus did a review of them. 

Linus did not like with Razer krakens, the sennheiser momentums are on ear, not AROUND, and the munito nines are IN EARS -_- read the des

I need some headphones for 170 USD max! I would perfer a warmer but flat sound but higher in the lows and bass. YES i have seen the Audio Technica ATH m50, i just want to know if there are any more options! :)

What I listen to: Pretty much everything, but House/D&B mostly

Headphones Req.: Portable (will be taking on the bus), Durable, 170$ USD, Around the ear, Noise Isolating, Closed Back

Pairs I have been looking at: BeyerDynamic Custom One Pro, Audio Techinca ATH M50, VModa LP2? (i dunno, i will need to wear these for a long time, and on the ear seems unconfortable)

Might as well put this statement at the beginning of every thread in this section. Very much needed lol.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

Might as well put this statement at the beginning of every thread in this section. Very much needed lol.

hahaha so true lawl

Linus did not like with Razer krakens, the sennheiser momentums are on ear, not AROUND, and the munito nines are IN EARS -_- read the des

I just re-watched the the Kraken Forged review from linus and it wasn't that he hated them he just said that if your'e an audio snob like he is then you'll be sorely disappointed. Sorry about not reading the des.

CCHC Silverado if you're interested in a cheap option. MSRP is two hundred bucks, but there been going for 50 on Amazon for awhile now.

CCHC Silverado if you're interested in a cheap option. MSRP is two hundred bucks, but there been going for 50 on Amazon for awhile now.

yeah but 50 ohm impedance :/ prob gunna need to be loud and im not gunna carry an amp around with me, (im using the moto g 2014 with google play music)

It's not on ear, it's around the ear I own them and use them daily back and forth from work, the v moda m80 are on ear. The cans are small though... I can't use them more then 2 hours before it starts to feel around the ears so if your Dumbo the elephant look for those so called XL (never seen them) :)

It's not on ear, it's around the ear I own them and use them daily back and forth from work, the v moda m80 are on ear. The cans are small though... I can't use them more then 2 hours before it starts to feel around the ears so if your Dumbo the elephant look for those so called XL (never seen them) :)

yeah! luckily i have small ears, but i will look into the bigger pads! Do you like them?

yeah! luckily i have small ears, but i will look into the bigger pads! Do you like them?

sure, although I prefer open cans more like my sennheiser HD650's but let's not talk about those.

The LP's have good sound and yeah they are like tanks and pretty resistant to snow and rain. Yep! I use them no matter the weather, they are about 1 and a half years old soon and still working like a charm. The cable is removable and you get two of them, one is shorter and has a mic built-in, it's the one I use all the same. The cable is also nicely braided.

found them http://v-moda.com/xl-memory-cushions/#size

sure, although I prefer open cans more like my sennheiser HD650's but let's not talk about those.

The LP's have good sound and yeah they are like tanks and pretty resistant to snow and rain. Yep! I use them no matter the weather, they are about 1 and a half years old soon and still working like a charm. The cable is removable and you get two of them, one is shorter and has a mic built-in, it's the one I use all the same. The cable is also nicely braided.

Cool! but better than  the ath m50?

Cool! but better than  the ath m50?

I cant even remember how the m50 are... I never owned them but I did sit down with a pair before when they were on sale last Christmas. Didn't buy them for whatever reason. So.. For me I'd take the LP's again. Might get the Vmoda m100 in the future to replace my LP's but only if the pads are bigger.

yeah but 50 ohm impedance :/ prob gunna need to be loud and im not gunna carry an amp around with me, (im using the moto g 2014 with google play music)

50 ohms is not a lot, and probably would actually help with the dampening factor of some smartphones (assuming that's what you'll be using). Anyways, their impedance is actually less than 35 across all frequencies, and even if they didn't "get loud" (I know for a fact they do) their isolation is pretty freaking great, meaning you can still listen at a low volume in noisy environments.

I cant even remember how the m50 are... I never owned them but I did sit down with a pair before when they were on sale last Christmas. Didn't buy them for whatever reason. So.. For me I'd take the LP's again. Might get the Vmoda m100 in the future to replace my LP's but only if the pads are bigger.

yeah true, im gunna go for the lps for the smaller price and better build quality

50 ohms is not a lot, and probably would actually help with the dampening factor of some smartphones (assuming that's what you'll be using). Anyways, their impedance is actually less than 35 across all frequencies, and even if they didn't "get loud" (I know for a fact they do) their isolation is pretty freaking great, meaning you can still listen at a low volume in noisy environments.

im talking about a high school bus, over 100 dc prob, its not fun, i will prob get the lp's!

im talking about a high school bus, over 100 dc prob, its not fun, i will prob get the lp's!

The Silverados have the best isolation I've heard, even better than the LP's I owned at the same time. 

I know it may seem like I'm pushing you towards the CHC's, but really it's just a nudge, and I mostly want you to make the most informed choice you can. I quite liked the V-Moda's - the cables are nice and the hard shell case is very handy, but the sound isn't exactly up to par so not everyone can enjoy it. The same can easily be said about the Silverados, but they're also much cheaper and I don't think the bass is quite as bloated. The V-Moda's are lighter on the head, and I think they were more comfy personally, but my friend had problems with his ear rubbing the inside of the cup (XL pads may solve this for most people).