Beyerdynamic DT770 or DT990?

Kiraaaa
Yup, I already checked Zombie_X's thread. It was a good write up, but it left me feeling a bit confused. If you check out page 99, I asked about his statement between the 770 and 990: "The DT990's can make a lot of music sound thin but the DT770's makes music sound lifeless."

But someone answered and clarified that actually really untrue, and explained that the 990s are the better pair.

If a subjective audio comparison leaves you confused, it's usually a good indication that the two headphones didn't actually sound all that different and the reviewer was trying to create some.  They actually measure like this:

post-7799-0-79595400-1370742261.txt

You'll notice the compliment at 50,100, and 5k hertz.  Those are due to the closed nature of the headphone, and are the main differences in the sound signature of the DT770.

I just got my 770's thursday it is a really satisfying sound but it does sound rather dark and deep

So this makes a lot more sense looking at the graphs.

I'm not quite sure how you wouldn't be confused when somebody said it made their music sound "lifeless".

As for differences between the different Ohm versions, those are even more slight.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."