Amazon to trial Same-day Delivery at pick-up stations in the UK

Article from: Kitguru; 

http://www.kitguru.net/channel/jon-martindale/amazon-begins-same-day-delivery-services-in-the-uk/

amazonlocker.jpg

Any orders that come in before 11:45am, will be eligible for same day pick up by 4pm that same day, whilst orders placed up to 7:45, can be picked up by 6:30am the following day. All of this is a premium service, which is totally free to Amazon Prime members, but can be trialled by those without it for £5 per delivery.

Well, as KitGuru says it is certainly not a drone but it is still a good step forward and takes away that awful waiting for delivery instead of picking it up at the local shop. And how wonderful that a new idea is being beta-tested in the UK instead of the US for once?

Pricing will be 5 pounds per order (or free for amazonprime). And If this is the future, I don't mind not having drones.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I really like that Idea, especially because I am not always home and I have Prime.

About the drones, Mrs. Merkel would be bitching about it even after years, so this seems to be a good tradeoff. 

Edit: I got a amazon warehouse 30 minutes away from me. So I could order random crap at 2am and pick it up 30 minutes later. Why not?

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

So its like walmart but not shit, uses amazons products, no people to deal with, and instant. Me likey

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

So its like walmart but not shit, uses amazons products, no people to deal with, and instant. Me likey

Fitting an entire Mall into a little room at train stations, I like the idea.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

considering that i ordered next  day locker pick up at 5pm and it was in the locker the next day 8am i dont see how this is that much of a stretch :P

(dvi cable if your wondering)