Any difference between all these "Reference" GTX980s?

Silly Ducklings

I NEED a 980, and i'm planning on getting one today, is there a difference between the Zotac/Asus/EVGA/Gigabyte "Reference" cards?  The Zotac card is in stock right now on amazon and i don't know if i should go for it or wait for the Asus/EVGA (i really like both of these companies) cards.

I NEED a 980, and i'm planning on getting one today, is there a difference between the Zotac/Asus/EVGA/Gigabyte "Reference" cards?  The Zotac card is in stock right now on amazon and i don't know if i should go for it or wait for the Asus/EVGA (i really like both of these companies) cards.

Nothing is different other than the brand. Which means different types of customer service/ support 

Nothing is different other than the brand. Which means different types of customer service/ support 

The warranty, but that's about it. They're "reference" cards for a reason, they're all the same.

Warranty and overall service. Other than that all reference cards are the same.

Wait for EVGA. Their customer service is perfect

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

dont msi use their military grade parts on the reference too ? 

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

dont msi use their military grade parts on the reference too ? 

Nope, all reference 980 are exactly the same.

"Rawr XD"

The difference is only the brand, the cards themselves are identical. There's nothing wrong with Zotac though, but EVGA has the best warranty by far, they don't even care if you break your card by overclocking or taking it apart, it's still covered under warranty.

"Rawr XD"

Nope, all reference 980 are exactly the same.

what about the software? should one get a specific brand because of special software only working with it?

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

what about the software? should one get a specific brand because of special software only working with it?

nah, most people use MSI afterburner which is compatible with any brand

Nope, software is cross compatible even with non-reference 

"Rawr XD"

pny is different they dont include any foam in the box so you get a card that rattles around the box before you open it gooood job PNYYYYYYYYYYYY

ps card did work thats not the point though

Yeah if getting reference cards, Warranty is your only concern really. Non-reference cards is when the debating comes in. Even in laptops. Bloody samsung vRAM on my 780Ms *grumbles about wanting Hynix RAM for better OCing*

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday