Ebay actually helps people?

Calavera

Here's what happened: ^_^

• Ordered 2 batteries for a quadcopter from someone (a seller of a lot of stuff) 
  • Ordered a flight transmitter (the thing you control your plane or in my case my quadcopter with)
  • Ordered a battery charger.

The problem was that the battery charger never arrived, so I asked the seller where it was.

He said it arrived 3 weeks ago (Yes I am patient, thats why I only responded then :lol: )

I looked around the house to find the package, nothing to see.

I asked him where he delivered it to, he told me it arrived in ERLANGER, Kentucky, America.

I live in the Netherlands, Europe  :mellow:

I asked him what was up, he told me that's what adress he got and he had to send it there, Ebay doesn't allow you to do whatever. 

He offered me to get a new charger for half the price, which would mean I had paid for 1.5 charger to get 1 - which was not my fault.

I opened a "case" in Ebay, where Ebay will take a look at what happened to refund you if necessary. 

After 2 days I got a bit tired of it, and read another message from this seller. He told me I could just close the case (so he doesn't get in trouble) and he'd refund me.

Turns out if you close a case, you lose your right to get a refund (I am an idiot) and he didn't want to refund me.

I contacted Ebay to open my case again, which is not allowed. Once you close a case it's too bad - money gone. :wacko:

Today they emailed me. :huh:

They read through the messages between me and the seller and they gave me a full refund, otherwise I'd have lost around $80.-

I did not expect to see my money again, this made my week.  :rolleyes:  :D  :lol:

TLDR; Seller sent item to America instead of Europe, I asked Ebay for a refund, seller told me to close the case, which means that (I didn't know this) Ebay will not refund me anymore.

I asked them regardless and they actually did a full refund.  :o 

So many things I could write here... things like this.

eBay and Paypal are actually brilliant in service. Probably why they're so popular.

I have bad experiences with such huge companies or whatever, just like why I almost always unsubscribe from YouTube channels that go too mainstream, they lose touch with their "customers" which was the whole point of watching for me.

Linus and the team actually interact with us still, which is something I love.

On-topic: Big companies usually have no time to respond to people with problems, at least that is what I thought. Apparently that's not the case though!  :rolleyes:

eBay and PayPal are very good at getting you your money back. I once bought a game key on eBay (digital goods aren't covered by their T&C) which never got to me. After arguing with the guy about getting a refund (using Steam, again they say they only look at messages sent through eBay), he offered me some bogus thing that he would refund me if I bought 2 more games from him first. 

I opened a case through eBay explaining what was going on, and I provided screenshots of the conversations through Steam. Next day, the money comes into my account and a nice email from eBay saying that they've ended the case in my favour. (: 

I have bad experiences with such huge companies or whatever, just like why I almost always unsubscribe from YouTube channels that go too mainstream, they lose touch with their "customers" which was the whole point of watching for me.

Linus and the team actually interact with us still, which is something I love.

On-topic: Big companies usually have no time to respond to people with problems, at least that is what I thought. Apparently that's not the case though!  :rolleyes:

Sounds like you've got a bad case of hipster. xD

Seriously though, I understand exactly what you mean. Just have always found eBay/Paypal to be very proactive about stuff like this.

Sounds like you've got a bad case of hipster. xD

Seriously though, I understand exactly what you mean. Just have always found eBay/Paypal to be very proactive about stuff like this.

Well if you open a case it wouldn't have been a problem in the first place, but since I closed it, that means I've lost all hopes of getting a refund, it's even in their policy. Helping me despite that shows what a great service they can provide.

Well if you open a case it wouldn't have been a problem in the first place, but since I closed it, that means I've lost all hopes of getting a refund, it's even in their policy. Helping me despite that shows what a great service they can provide.

Well from what you're saying, the seller was clearly trying to scam the system there so with the proof that he told you to close the case and that he was going to refund you, I believe it's only normal for Ebay to actually refund you. (Though I hope that seller gets in trouble for that)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I've never had any problems buying stuff online, I've found Amazon to be the best for new things (Other than computer parts) and eBay the best for used things, I don't buy a lot on eBay, though. Glad to hear eBay made this right even though it wasn't their place.

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

You never ever close a case till you get your money back or the product (functional). Seller whines and cry's well they better buy tissue or get their act together ASAP.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

You never ever close a case till you get your money back or the product (functional). Seller whines and cry's well they better buy tissue or get their act together ASAP.

That's what I learned ;)

Nice. Wouldn't have happened if you used amazon though.

Care to explain how?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

They probably just don't want bad service and reviews from people.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

It was a joke, didnt see the sarcastic gif?

You gotta put /s for sarcasm. Otherwise Le Internet will not know.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Wow... what a fucking seller, I wish he would've get his account hacked, smashed and all his debit cards to be used by that hacker... I only wish that.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

I don't know why but I missread Ebay as "Ebola".

I was like "Wtf is this guy saying?Since when has ebola been selling anything!?!?!?"

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

yeah ebay has been good for me too, I brought a mouse from a ebay store and when it arrived one of the buttons didnt work. he said not his problem talk to the manufacture which i did and they said i should get a replacement from the ebay store at no cost.

yeah well i had to get ebay to nicely tell him to replace it or they would of closed him down

Its all about those volumetric clouds