please help me out selecting PSU quick!

i_build_nanosuits

Hey guys!

i recently ordered a PSU EVGA NEX 750B1 and it has very bad coil whine i ordered from newegg.ca and i'm chatting ATM to get it refund and i would like to know what would be a better PSU for me to get my budget is 100$ i would like to have it semi-modular or modular with at least 600W and i would like if it could be gold certified but i would also accept 80+ bronze but i wont a GOOD UNIT...is it possible...i would also like if possible to order it from newegg.ca again...ortherwise it could also be from NCIX.ca

Thanks a bunch guys ! ...please quick i'd like to order it today and from newegg.ca i might even just get them to send me another unit in exange to the 750B1.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

EVGA G2 750W. There is no better unit for the price/performance at that wattage. 9.9 from jonnyguru

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Hey guys!

i recently ordered a PSU EVGA NEX 750B1 and it has very bad coil whine i ordered from newegg.ca and i'm chatting ATM to get it refund and i would like to know what would be a better PSU for me to get my budget is 100$ i would like to have it semi-modular or modular with at least 600W and i would like if it could be gold certified but i would also accept 80+ bronze but i wont a GOOD UNIT...is it possible...i would also like if possible to order it from newegg.ca again...ortherwise it could also be from NCIX.ca

Thanks a bunch guys ! ...please quick i'd like to order it today and from newegg.ca i might even just get them to send me another unit in exange to the 750B1.

750B1 isn't a great power supply. 750G2 is what you want. 

It would be easier for us to suggest you a power supply if you provide us with your system specs. However if you're running a single GPU without plans for a second in the future then I'd highly recommend a 550W Rosewill Capstone or Seasonic G

"Rawr XD"

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171092

this one any god? would it feed a GTX 780 and i7-4770K? (no SLI)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I have this & it's super good. No noise, no heat, hybrid mode, just a beast PSU.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

EVGA G2 750W. There is no better unit for the price/performance at that wattage. 9.9 from jonnyguru

I see you on every thread and you've gotten 3200 posts in three months.... are you on here 24/7?

"Rawr XD"

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I see you on every thread and you've gotten 3200 posts in three months.... are you on here 24/7?

I have 2 screens and posting does not take much time per post. I ALWAYS have it open on my second screen :D

Edit: My first goal when it came to coming to this forum was to learn. I have learned so much about what makes a good build, how to properly make a pc, which specific parts should always be recommended (Like the G2 750w :P). Now my goal is to help others if I can

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

they are very good and also cost less than a corsair rm and some 80+ bronze but it is gold

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Get it. That's an amazing PSU and only $95

so this one would be good? i think i can get newegg to send me this one and get the 750B1 back...i should do it?

again, link: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171092

and it will be powefull enough for my current rig? see in sig.

Get it. That's an amazing PSU and only $95

http://www.ncix.com/detail/evga-supernova-750-g2-80-f0-94405-1360.htm?affiliateid=7474144

This is $99 after MIR and simply cannot be beaten :D

Edit: Everybody that says I recommend this too much: DEAL WITH IT. This PSU is epic

http://www.ncix.com/detail/evga-supernova-750-g2-80-f0-94405-1360.htm?affiliateid=7474144

This is $99 after MIR and simply cannot be beaten :D

Edit: Everybody that says I recommend this too much: DEAL WITH IT. This PSU is epic

is the fan on this an active fan that turn off when not under heavy load?

what is that ''ECO'' switch on the back?

is the fan on this an active fan that turn off when not under heavy load?

what is that ''ECO'' switch on the back?

ECO is for Hybrid Fan I believe.

If you can do the mail-in rebate then you can get the 750G2, but if you don't want to go through the hassle of it then the V550 will still be perfectly adequate for your system

"Rawr XD"

Not everywants to do MIRs or wants to SLI

"Rawr XD"

so this one would be good? i think i can get newegg to send me this one and get the 750B1 back...i should do it?

again, link: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171092

and it will be powefull enough for my current rig? see in sig.

If you can do an exchange straight through newegg then I'd go for the V550, so you don't have to go through the hassle of returning and ordering again

"Rawr XD"

Or waste money on a PSU they will never use the full capacity of.

What are you doing up so early

"Rawr XD"

If you can do an exchange straight through newegg then I'd go for the V550, so you don't have to go through the hassle of returning and ordering again

i'm chatting with them ATM they want to charge me restocking fee but he give me a gift card of 25$ to compensate some of the cost for shipping and restocking fee...i'm pissed with them right now

i'm chatting with them ATM they want to charge me restocking fee but he give me a gift card of 25$ to compensate some of the cost for shipping and restocking fee...i'm pissed with them right now

Either way you'll have to do the restocking as you're returning a working product

"Rawr XD"

Either way you'll have to do the restocking as you're returning a working product

it is indeed working but it's making that wierd buzzing sound when under any kind of load and it should not be...that's not part of the design the unit is defective...it's working but it's defective right?

it is indeed working but it's making that wierd buzzing sound when under any kind of load and it should not be...that's not part of the design the unit is defective...it's working but it's defective right?

Well that's coil whine and it's not considered a defect under warranty

"Rawr XD"

Well that's coil whine and it's not considered a defect under warranty

that sucks, i think it should be...anyway, thanks man!

is it dangerous for the unit to produce such sounds? any way to fix this? i think i should pay the shipping back and order the 750 G2 from newegg.ca ....that's my best option i think but it sucks the unit would have ended costing me a ton of cash...

any chances the unit might fix itself through using it? cause it's new ATM.

EDIT: i realise that when i load up the CPU with a torture test it wont coil whine but as soon as i load the GPU it does...

that sucks, i think it should be...anyway, thanks man!

is it dangerous for the unit to produce such sounds? any way to fix this? i think i should pay the shipping back and order the 750 G2 from newegg.ca ....that's my best option i think but it sucks the unit would have ended costing me a ton of cash...

any chances the unit might fix itself through using it? cause it's new ATM.

Coil whine will generally last forever, but it doesn't affect how the unit performs, which is why it's not considered a defect under warranty. If you're getting it from newegg they don't have the MIR promotion, and since you don't want to SLI you'll never use those extra watts, so I'd save some money and get the V550

"Rawr XD"

Or waste money on a PSU they will never use the full capacity of.

$4 more for a PSU that is superior in quality, customer service AND warranty? Higher wattage is a nice expansion bonus