MOSFET blew out

Hi guy,

I got a new PC. I assembled it and when I powered it on for the first time there was a spark and one of the MOSFET of my motherboard blew out. It litrally blew out of the motherboard and fell on the floor. But the PC did start normally. The mosfet was little below the CPU Fan pin. Once the mother board started it gave CPU fan error. I had plugged my NZXT Kraken x61 in it which didnot work so i had to shut down immediately and put the Kraken in the CPU Optional Fan header in which it worked. Now whenever I start my PC it gets stuck at CPU Fan error before windows loads up. So then I put one of my chassis fan in cpu fan to see if it boots but the chassis fan also stopped working and still it did not boot. Then I changed the boot priority to Disk and it did boot to my windows on my HDD after skipping the "Press any key to Boot fromm CD/DVD" screen.

Now the motherboard is working fine except the CPU Fan header and sometimes the NZXT CAM software not reading temperatures correctly and I cannot change the fan speed and led light color till I restart. I will be giving the Motherboard in warranty. But I want to know if there was any of my mistake of I just got a bad product and also the NZXT CAM software problem is a hardware issue or software issue.

Thank You

Hi ---------------------------------------

do you have a sautering iron and the mosfet

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Only option is to return the motheboard for an rma/doa

Or just live with it.

no not reallly you could sauter a new mosfet or the old one back on if it is past rma

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

No I dont have the sautering iron but I do have the mosfet which popped out of the motherboard. I will be posting an image in sometime of the mosfet and the place where it burnt from.

No I dont have the sautering iron but I do have the mosfet which popped out of the motherboard. I will be posting an image in sometime of the mosfet and the place where it burnt from.

what is your mobo btw

Did you check your standoffs? Sounds like you shorted the m/bd and it's now toast. I have no idea why you're fiddling with it, anything you do to it will screw up the install of a working m/bd.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

Personally I would always return it instead of messing with a soldering Iron, but hey :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

do you have a sautering iron and the mosfet

It's a soldering iron and soldering a mosfet isn't easy my friend.

just rma it ,you dont want to mess up your chances of getting a new board.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Did you check your standoffs? Sounds like you shorted the m/bd and it's now toast. I have no idea why you're fiddling with it, anything you do to it will screw up the install of a working m/bd.

But I didnot OC it and according to my knowledge I installed it properly in my case Corasir 750D which has standoffs built-in.

But I didnot OC it and according to my knowledge I installed it properly in my case Corasir 750D which has standoffs built-in.

RMA it and they'll fix it for you , or send a new board . Stay positive !

Don't solder it, just RMA. 

What kind of PSU is there just curious ?

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

The motherboard is new so why would anyone solder it? Just RMA it and get it properly replaced, you only really solder on MOSFET's and Capacitors when the motherboard is no longer under warranty.

Yeah, don't mess with it, use your warranty. Be patient.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

thats never happened to me before, im not sure why that would happen, what power supply are you using

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

no not reallly you could sauter a new mosfet or the old one back on if it is past rma

Why void warranty when you can get the Motherboard RMA/DOA'd ?

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

RMA it. Don't solder it thats just silly.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

@JEman99

What the hell is sauter? SOLDER

@OP

RMA it and check what you did wrong. Maybe the standoffs.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

Why void warranty when you can get the Motherboard RMA/DOA'd ?

if he cant rma it than that is his option 

The motherboard is Asus Rampage V Extreme and PSU is Corsair AX1200i. Both are brand new and was used for the first time. I am from India and I have heard from people that the warranty doesnt work when something is burnt or blew out.

Warranty.

If not;

Solder.

I personally would check the CPU cooler isn't shorting. I have heard of faulty fans setting things on fire...

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.