Just got my first 27inch ips 1080p monitor

Sathlin

Are ips monitors brighter then tn monitors?  is that why people say colors look better on ips monitors?

Having a hard time getting used to the brightness, have it turned down to 35 for now.

The monitor looks great and it's amazing how much bigger a 27 inch is over a 24 inch.

no the colour accuracy is better
if its too bright jsut turn it down

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

turn the lights on in your room, having the monitor as the only source of light is not a good thing

Yeah, OP keep the brightness of the monitor close to the brightness of the room, or a little brighter. That gives me the best experience.

No monitor is supposed to be at 100% anyway.  I have my Ultrasharp at 25% brightness.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.