i5 4690k question

Go to solution Solved by SeanBond,

Amd has game dvr and nvidia has shadowplay. Shadow play is a bit more fledged out because it's been around longer but you can record games without taking a hit in performance. I actually keep it on at all times and if ever I want to save something I can get a button and have the last 2 minutes saved on my hard drive. It goes up to 20 minutes I think. You can change recording resolution and bit rate, also stream directly to twitch. The quality isn't superb but definitely great for not having to buy anything and it not having any noticable performance hit. Nvidia says it's about 5%. I personally think it's closer to 1-2% from the times I tried benchmarking the difference.

Will i be able to capture video and game at the same time with this processor?

yes, you will lose a bit of performance but you should be fine

Will i be able to capture video and game at the same time with this processor?

yes and i would upgrade to broadwell down the lne as it might have a 6 core on the z97 platform

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Of course you can, but you might see a performance hit depending on the software you use for recording. Heavily CPU boung games that use all 4 cores will probably not fare well with that though.

If you have a Nvidia card 600 series or higher use Shadow-play, there is little to no performance hit. I think AMD has the same kind of thing not sure what it's called though.  

Thanks guys. I have another question. About the same topic. Should i get an i7 4770k and play on integrated graphucs while i wait to save up for a gpu or buy the i5 and the gpu.

If you have a Nvidia card 600 series or higher use Shadow-play, there is little to no performance hit. I think AMD has the same kind of thing not sure what it's called though.

What does shadowplay do?

Amd has game dvr and nvidia has shadowplay. Shadow play is a bit more fledged out because it's been around longer but you can record games without taking a hit in performance. I actually keep it on at all times and if ever I want to save something I can get a button and have the last 2 minutes saved on my hard drive. It goes up to 20 minutes I think. You can change recording resolution and bit rate, also stream directly to twitch. The quality isn't superb but definitely great for not having to buy anything and it not having any noticable performance hit. Nvidia says it's about 5%. I personally think it's closer to 1-2% from the times I tried benchmarking the difference.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Nvidia's ShadowPlay and AMD's GVR are better options than a recorder that uses the CPU. 

From my experience with GVR there is minimal fps drops, and I'd say ShadowPlay is the same. 

Here is a video on the matter, has explanation about GVR, ShadowPlay and FRAPS, very comprehensive. 

GVR and ShadowPlay doesn't produce that great quality but is still very good. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Intel 4690k can use onboard for not just playing but recording with little to zero performance hit ising quicksync.

Not as good quality but still. No hit. Without a dedicated card.

Then yeah with either Dedicated GPU company you'll have better options.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz