Phanteks Enthoo Pro Glass

EarthboundHero
Go to solution Solved by GloriousPain,

I hate the windows on the Enthoo Pro. As much as I love the case the windows are awful. I hate the smoked color, and how easy they scratch. Do you guys think it'd be worth it to get some glass cut and replace the acrylic windows?

Yes it'd be easily worth it that's also a relatively common and easy mod project for cases with cheap windows D:

I hate the windows on the Enthoo Pro. As much as I love the case the windows are awful. I hate the smoked color, and how easy they scratch. Do you guys think it'd be worth it to get some glass cut and replace the acrylic windows?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Yes it'd be easily worth it that's also a relatively common and easy mod project for cases with cheap windows D:

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Cool, so should I just take the windowed side panel to a glass place and have them check it out?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Cool, so should I just take the windowed side panel to a glass place and have them check it out?

Yup.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Either that or you can cut the glass yourself but the glass place will probably do it nicer, just more expensive and has a less of a "I built it myself" feel...

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Either that or you can cut the glass yourself but the glass place will probably do it nicer, just more expensive and has a less of a "I built it myself" feel...

I have none of the tools, or any idea of where to get the materials I'd need. So, a glass shop would be better.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

I have none of the tools, or any idea of where to get the materials I'd need. So, a glass shop would be better.

oh well then some glass shops don't know exactly how to work with computer parts if you have any difficulties message me (Eg if they don't know how to mount it to the side panel) this is a mod I've actually done before  for a customer (I build computers and do mods and such as a part time job) 

oh well then some glass shops don't know exactly how to work with computer parts if you have any difficulties message me (Eg if they don't know how to mount it to the side panel) this is a mod I've actually done before  for a customer (I build computers and do mods and such as a part time job) 

Awesome, I'll do that if no local shop can. Thanks.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Wait!!!!!!

Think of CPU cooler height.

You will reduce it with glass, as it is thicker!

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Wait!!!!!!

Think of CPU cooler height.

You will reduce it with glass, as it is thicker!

I've got plenty of room for my cooler. So, I don't think that'll be a problem. Thanks, for the concern though.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

I've got plenty of room for my cooler. So, I don't think that'll be a problem. Thanks, for the concern though.

Ah OK.

Like for me, if I tried to to that in my ft05 it would not work. Ft05 has 162mm, CPU cooler is 161.7 mm

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Depending on how recently you got your case, you can probably ask for a replacement window.

My Enthoo Pro's window arrived completely scratched up because the toolbox broke free during shipping.  I contacted Phantek's support, and the same day I received an email, a telephone call, and a tracking number for my replacement window free of charge.  The replacement window is not smokey like the original, it is clear.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Depending on how recently you got your case, you can probably ask for a replacement window.

My Enthoo Pro's window arrived completely scratched up because the toolbox broke free during shipping.  I contacted Phantek's support, and the same day I received an email, a telephone call, and a tracking number for my replacement window free of charge.  The replacement window is not smokey like the original, it is clear.

Cool I got it recently, about a month ago. I'll give it a try.

Edit: When I try to access their website I get this

210g1p0.png

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Cool I got it recently, about a month ago. I'll give it a try.

Say something like, "I just put LED lights into my rig, and I all of a sudden noticed that the inside of my window is scratched up badly.  My toolbox came loose during shipping, and this is the only thing I can think of that would cause this."

That is, if you are ethically ok with that, or if it really did happen.  It is an extremely common occurrence.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

@Faceman Alright I shot an Email to support@phanteksusa.com. We'll see what happens.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

@EarthboundHero i am planning on a new build for christmas and i am thinking on buying the enthoo pro. other than the crappy windows, did you have any other problems? i am asking because i dont plan on changing my build for the next 3+ years. also if you can post some pictures after the mod so we can see the difference :)

CPU:  i7 5820k  @4.0Ghz Cooler: Thermaltake Nic C5 Motherboard: MSI X99A SLI PLUS  Ram: 8 gb @2133Mhz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 @1560  Case: Proprietary Sun Ultra 24  Storage: HyperX 120gb & 1 TB WD Green PSU: Cooler Master 550w 

@EarthboundHero i am planning on a new build for christmas and i am thinking on buying the enthoo pro. other than the crappy windows, did you have any other problems? i am asking because i dont plan on changing my build for the next 3+ years. also if you can post some pictures after the mod so we can see the difference :)

Yes, please. :)

CPU: INTEL i7-4770K | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C12P w/ NF-A15 | MoBo: Asus Z87-Deluxe | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2x4GB) @2400MHz | GPU: Asus GTX 760 DirectCU II | PSU: Seasonic X-850 (KM3)

CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro w/ white LEDs | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (Boot Drive) | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (Storage) | ODD(s): LG BH10 BD Rewriter + LG DVD Rewriter | 5.25": Scythe Kama Panel 3.1 |

GAMEPAD: XBOX 360 | KEYBOARD: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid-i | OS: Windows 8.1 64 bit | MONITOR: Samsung SyncMaster T220HD | SPEAKERS: Logitech LS21

Yeah no problem. It was hard to cable manage the 24-Pin with the velcro. I have a review on Newegg, under Anthony C-W. Though ignore the thing about the paint, I found out the paint from my wall rubbed onto the case, and some rubbing alcohol got it off. I can't really think of anything else. I'll get back to you if I do.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Yeah no problem. It was hard to cable manage the 24-Pin with the velcro. I have a review on Newegg, under Anthony C-W. Though ignore the thing about the paint, I found out the paint from my wall rubbed onto the case, and some rubbing alcohol got it off. I can't really think of anything else. I'll get back to you if I do.

thank you very much for your opinion sir :D

CPU:  i7 5820k  @4.0Ghz Cooler: Thermaltake Nic C5 Motherboard: MSI X99A SLI PLUS  Ram: 8 gb @2133Mhz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 @1560  Case: Proprietary Sun Ultra 24  Storage: HyperX 120gb & 1 TB WD Green PSU: Cooler Master 550w 

thank you very much for your opinion sir :D

No problem. It's also very big and heavy, added like 20 pounds to my build. But very spacious and it's beautiful. The fan filters suck, they should be magnetic. Also a bit too much plastic, but at this price range it's not something I can really complain about.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

No problem. It's also very big and heavy, added like 20 pounds to my build. But very spacious and it's beautiful. The fan filters suck, they should be magnetic. Also a bit too much plastic, but at this price range it's not something I can really complain about.

so i should put to my list some aluminum cases if i want them to last me long enough

so i should put to my list some aluminum cases if i want them to last me long enough

Plastic will probably be fine as long as you aren't mistreating the case. Just for some people it may not be as appealing. I don't care either way, they both look good to me.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

This case will last you long enough, aluminum on the other hand will require some maintenance and extremely careful measures when handling and touching it.

That is exactly the reason Phanteks went with a (not quite) look-like-brushed-aluminum-finish plastic front and top cover on the Enthoo Pro (aside from the obvious cost-saving measures). :)

CPU: INTEL i7-4770K | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C12P w/ NF-A15 | MoBo: Asus Z87-Deluxe | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2x4GB) @2400MHz | GPU: Asus GTX 760 DirectCU II | PSU: Seasonic X-850 (KM3)

CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro w/ white LEDs | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (Boot Drive) | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (Storage) | ODD(s): LG BH10 BD Rewriter + LG DVD Rewriter | 5.25": Scythe Kama Panel 3.1 |

GAMEPAD: XBOX 360 | KEYBOARD: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid-i | OS: Windows 8.1 64 bit | MONITOR: Samsung SyncMaster T220HD | SPEAKERS: Logitech LS21

Plastic will probably be fine as long as you aren't mistreating the case. Just for some people it may not be as appealing. I don't care either way, they both look good to me.

Because i will have my pc on the floor, I shouldn't have any problems then:) i will get the enthoo pro. Thanks very much for your advices guys :)

Update: Phanteks sent me a new window for free. No questions asked, they just need my invoice.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler