Anyone here printed a custom image on there keycaps?

Toddwjp

Sounds interesting. I should overlay my profile pic :P

Or even better, the Frozen Intro scene.

@CreepersCrawlers.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

-snip-

Woah, step off of your high horse buddy. No need to be so hostile towards OP for simply forgetting a link.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I don't find images that good looking on keycaps. Imagine each key being a pixel. The pixels per inch will be really abysmal and you have to be quite far away to have it look decent.

Woah, step off of your high horse buddy. No need to be so hostile towards OP for simply forgetting a link.

I always speak my mind, don't tell me what to do please because you don't have any authority over me and are my equal.

Cool thanks, I didn't know what OP was talking about, WASD was just a keyboard area used for gaming to me, I didn't know there was a company called that.

As cool as it may look, I think I'd prefer to have the regular printed keys there's obviously a lot of gaps in the image.

I always speak my mind, don't tell me what to do please because you don't have any authority over me and are my equal.

you must be fun at partys

Cool thanks, I didn't know what OP was talking about, WASD was just a keyboard area used for gaming to me, I didn't know there was a company called that.

But you are not higher than OP and thus should not bash people as they are equal. :P

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

But you are not higher than OP and thus should not bash people as they are equal. :P

I didn't bash him, or make any comment about him personally I was insinuating the thread had no content for me to know what he was talking about and I stand by it, it's really not a big deal.

Text can't convey tone of voice, it's an issue sorry if everyone took it to be too shitty.

I didn't bash him, or make any comment about him personally I was insinuating the thread had no content for me to know what he was talking about and I stand by it, it's really not a big deal.

i was asking a question to those who might have done this and they themselves would have understood, if your gonna complain every time you don't understand a thread remember not all threads will be aimed at you.

now on topic, since there preference is 300ppi for printing this could be used for making a full custom key layout as well. eg fancy fonts, little smiliey faces

I have nothing against you, and that is why there was the smiley after the text bit. I just feel like you should change your attitude a bit, or it might not work well for you. For example: Change the negative coments to "you forgot the pic" or something like that.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

This was posed on their facebook earlier:

"Interested in making a making a custom Inkscape layout with a graphic overlay? Check out this quick tutorial from one our customers:

Thanks for making this Jordan!"

Here are the three examples that I have found.

1980499_675687022470304_1650230560_o.jpg

1978421_675687795803560_681936288_o.jpg

1618024_675686142470392_513953093_o.jpg

I don't find images that good looking on keycaps. Imagine each key being a pixel. The pixels per inch will be really abysmal and you have to be quite far away to have it look decent.

Each key is not a pixel. Look at some of the examples please.

Each key is not a pixel. Look at some of the examples please.

Not exactly like a pixel but they look horrible as if you had a low PPI screen.

i think your confusing terms, it like looking at a picture through a chain link fence, low ppi would be blurry and not very smooth

i think your confusing terms, it like looking at a picture through a chain link fence, low ppi would be blurry and not very smooth

What I'm trying to say is that when looking at it close range (the usual range you would use a keyboard from) its hard to distinguish what the picture is supposed to be due to the size of they caps and the size of the gaps in between. Kind of like when going extremely close to a big, low resolution screen.

I think the pictures are pretty darn good. It does look a bit blurry up real close but that's not really the point of it.

If you back off like the pictures show I think it looks quite neat and is very unique.

I think the pictures are pretty darn good. It does look a bit blurry up real close but that's not really the point of it.

If you back off like the pictures show I think it looks quite neat and is very unique.

might look into it as a Christmas present for myself, gonna have to ship from us though :(

might look into it as a Christmas present for myself, gonna have to ship from us though :(

WASD ships internationally

WASD ships internationally

which is what i said.... literally, still means import fees and a long wait