I need a CPU water cooling plan

Hi guys,

I'm going to build my 1st water cooling system. At this point, I'm going for CPU first.

My system specs:

- Core i7 4790k

- NVIDIA GTX 980

- Corsair Dominator Platinum

- Corsair 780T

- Asus Maximus VII Hero

Since I'm just a newbie so I'm going to buy XSPC Raystorm D5 Photon 170 kit.

It is very difficult to find/buy parts here so I need to plan carefully before place an order (my friend is having a short business trip in US and he will help me)

Can you guys give me some ideas/plans how to setup my system? I want to keep it SHORT & SIMPLE and capable of adding GPU wc in the future. I googled and only found cool looking systems with GPU wc added or CPU wc with bay res.

Many thanks :D

Hi guys,

I'm going to build my 1st water cooling system. At this point, I'm going for CPU first.

My system specs:

- Core i7 4790k

- NVIDIA GTX 980

- Corsair 780T

- Asus Maximus VII Hero

It is very difficult to find/buy parts here so I need to plan carefully before place an order (my friend is having a short business trip in US and he will help me)

Can you guys give me some ideas/plans how to setup my system? I want to keep it SHORT & SIMPLE and capable of adding GPU wc in the future. I googled and only found cool looking systems with GPU wc added or CPU wc with bay res.

Great choice, make sure to get the one with either the RX or EX 360mm radiator so you will be covered in the future if you want to add another waterblock for some component in your rig.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Hi guys,

My system specs:

- Core i7 4790k

- NVIDIA GTX 980

- Corsair 780T

- Asus Maximus VII Hero

Well done on buying a kit. Very smart move for your first watercooling build.

If it was me, I'd stick the rad in the top, the res just near the main board, and the rest, well just follow the instructions and you should be OK. Good luck with it.!!

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.