how well would this AMP actually work?

aidenrelkoff

now odviously i would use a USB cable for power. now a battery.

how well would this actually work? i imagine the sound quality would tank, but it might be louder.

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

Interesting... wouldn't boost much compared to amps in some phones and almost nothing compared to most motherboards... 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Interesting... wouldn't boost much compared to amps in some phones and almost nothing compared to most motherboards... 

but maybe if you have a old MP3 player like this it might work:

MP3-1.jpg

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

That's not old.....

OP, the boost won't be huge. You can try it yourself if you want it, it only costs you a couple of dollars...

Kipkay is a DIY guy, but I don't think he's much of an audio guy. Then again, yeah, it's cheap (I can get all that components for under $1) so why not try it, if only just for kicks. Also, it only got a few components (including the battery and stereo jack), so maybe wire all of them without the board first, to see how you'd like it. If you don't like it, then it saves you some soldering time. 

And yeah, small transparent thingy is sexy. I bought this CMOY amp solely because of that. Can't use it for my headphone:

IMG_5379_zps911f2a77.jpg

IMG_5384_zpsbfeb6ad1.jpg

Or this cMoy headphone amp, just pure pr0n:

Yeah, actually posted that instructables in another thread. I thought about building one, but my lack of skill will most probably give me more bad than good. The raw components of a (decent) CMOY would be around $30-$40 minimal. And then, I never worked with resin casting before, so most probably a few first attempts would fail, throwing away the components. I might need to throw away more than $100 before I get a fairly decent end product....

On the other hand, if I succeeded in building one, think of the moolah from selling it....argh....head hurts....need sleep....