Wait for HTC One on Verizon or get S4 Now

Topido

My Dad has been planning on moving over to Verizon from AT&T for a while now. His contract is up and my sister decided to move over to Verizon with him. I am pretty sure that I want either the Samsung Galaxy S4 or the HTC One. The problem is that the HTC One isn't on Verizon until later this summer. My Dad and sister are probably switching over and getting their new phones some time this week. They are getting some sort of Family plan. What I am wondering is if I should wait for the HTC One to come to Verizon or if I should just join them now and get an S4. Also, I was wondering if anyone knew if it is possible to add another device to a Verizon family plan later on.

Thanks.  :)

If you don't mind the HTC One's ultrapixels (less detail at full resolution, marginally better night performance), wait for it. If you want the better camera, as much as I love HTC and it saddens me to say this, you really cannot go wrong with the SGS4.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

I'd say wait for the HTC One Google Edition and go with Ting instead of Verizon, you will save a lot of money

Wait for the HTC One.

Zoe is great.

The remote control app is loads of fun.

And the build quality is in-CREDIBLE.

First thing I would do with the Galaxy 4? Replace the launcher, TouchWiz is freakin' irritating.

Aside from that, if you need a phone now, then get it now; otherwise wait until something better comes along. Seems obvious to me!

First thing I would do with the Galaxy 4? Replace the launcher, TouchWiz is freakin' irritating.

Aside from that, if you need a phone now, then get it now; otherwise wait until something better comes along. Seems obvious to me!

Yeah. I was just wondering if it was worth the wait. From what I am hearing it probably is. Also, what is irritating about TouchWiz? Is it too slow or unresponsive?

Yeah. I was just wondering if it was worth the wait. From what I am hearing it probably is. Also, what is irritating about TouchWiz? Is it too slow or unresponsive?

Illogical app-tray app layout (cannot list apps in alphabetical order without manual adjustment), childish interface theme (though less-so compared with previous versions), bad use of screen real estate, useless gimmicky features, unintuitive home screen editability. I would not say it's too slow; neither of these phones show much evidence of slow-down at all. It does jerk a bit here and there if all the useless samsung gimmicks are enabled, though.

Once again, this is my personal opinion, so feel free to let yours differ. My best advice is to have a play with a demonstration model at your local store, and arrange the homescreens in such a way as you would generally use them.

What I do like about it though, is the S-View cover - and if you can pick one up cheap enough then it might just tip the balance into getting the S4. It's the first mobile phone cover I've come across that genuinely adds decent functionality without bulk to an already pretty good phone.