BIOS displaying on the wrong monitor

Tsuki
Go to solution Solved by EarthboundHero,

so, I run a dual monitor setup (like everybody should). my primary monitor is a BenQ something something something, plugged in via hdmi.  my secondary, is a CTL something something old ass thing, plugged in via DVI.

Whenever i boot into my BIOS, it will only display on my secondary monitor, however if i unplug my secondary, and only run the benq(hdmi), it displays perfectly fine. 

any ideas?

BIOS's normally display to the DVI port before anything else. Mine displays to all my monitors at the same time though. You can get a DVI to HDMI adapter if it's that big a deal.

so, I run a dual monitor setup (like everybody should). my primary monitor is a BenQ something something something, plugged in via hdmi.  my secondary, is a CTL something something old ass thing, plugged in via DVI.

Whenever i boot into my BIOS, it will only display on my secondary monitor, however if i unplug my secondary, and only run the benq(hdmi), it displays perfectly fine. 

any ideas?

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

any ideas?

BIOS's normally display to the DVI port before anything else. Mine displays to all my monitors at the same time though. You can get a DVI to HDMI adapter if it's that big a deal.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Same for me. My DVI monitor always gets priority as the main display until booted up, so the starting windows screen always is on the wrong monitor. I'm not sure if there is a way to change the display port priorities, since it seems to follow an order and chooses the first one it finds. Anyone else have ideas on how to change this priority list?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

try swapping the screen you want the bios to load on to a different dvi port. on my card i had this same issue and i guess one of the dvi ports are configured as default main output.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

To change this problem, go to your desktop and right click, then go to screen resolution. Now, if you run multiple monitors, on the bottom you should have multiple monitors listed out. But before that, hit the "Identify" button. Whatever screen that shows the big "1" is the your primary screen that'll show the BIOS. To change that screen, choose the monitor you want as your primary monitor, and check "This is my primary monitor." Confirm, and exit. Hope this helps. 

My build: tis be ordered

To change this problem, go to your desktop and right click, then go to screen resolution. Now, if you run multiple monitors, on the bottom you should have multiple monitors listed out. But before that, hit the "Identify" button. Whatever screen that shows the big "1" is the your primary screen that'll show the BIOS. To change that screen, choose the monitor you want as your primary monitor, and check "This is my primary monitor." Confirm, and exit. Hope this helps. 

I've already done this, my hdmi monitor is always set as my primary. and still doesnt display the bios, thats the issue :P

i wonder why that is? it doesn't bother me tooo much, i just never understood why.  and i guess i could just switch the cables, so my primary monitor uses dvi but thats more effort than its worth imo

but now i know whats going on, ill mark as solved. thanks guys!

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.