Looking For A Good Set Of 2.1 Speakers with Sub for PC any ideas?

Gceorge

Im looking to buy some 2.1 surround speakers with a sub for about £60 but cheaper is no problem as long as its good quality. They will be plugged in so dont need to be wireless or anything, im looking for good sound quality rather than style. My desk is huge so size isnt a problem! Thanks guys

Im looking to buy some 2.1 surround speakers with a sub for about £60 but cheaper is no problem as long as its good quality. They will be plugged in so dont need to be wireless or anything' date=' im looking for good sound quality rather than style. My desk is huge so size isnt a problem! Thanks guys[/quote']

Microlabs FC360's, awesome speakers for the price, Amazon have them for £54.

They're pretty much the best bang for the buck, if you're semi-serious about sound quality I'd spend a bit more, but if you're on a budget these aren't too bad.

They look great, going to try them out. Thanks very much

No problem, let us know what you think of them.

The Corsair SP-2500 2.1 Gaming speakers are a very good speaker system. They are a little pricey, but a great speaker set nonetheless.

Here are the followups to the video:

Thanks Ryan too, I love them and If I was into music more I'd go for them. As for the speakers they arrived yesterday and was very impressed however the left speaker broke and am now returning. Guess im just unlucky

I asked Linus about it on Twitter and he recommended Cyber Acoustics for good sound at a low price point... I got them for Christmas and boy was he right. Here's a link to the ones I got http://www.cyberacoustics.com/store/Products/Speakers/CA-3602

55USD = much less than £60

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

Check out Logitech Z-523 too! I have them for a year and a half, and I'm pretty pleased ;) They are a bit on the "expensive" side although, just about 25 bucks above your budget (from Amazon).

Just for ease of conversion, $1.63 USD = £1 GBP and vice versa ($1 USD = £0.63 GBP)

Thanks for all the replies everyone, I chose the "Creative Inspire T3130 Speaker System" it arrives today. Although I did like CodyTappens suggestion very much I usually only buy from amazon due to having a free prime account (free next day delivery and free next day returns) and thanks e_shocksh I hear they're good but dont like the look, stands out to much. Anyway Thanks all you've been very helpful!!

I'm tempted by both the T3130s and the JBL Creature 3. Please let us know what you think of them! :)

You were a noob once too!

MuZeVII Well so far so good, I dont listen to music loud so I dont really knwo how loud they can get without distorting . However they look great sat on my test. I've been listening to mostly reggae lately and watching prison break both which have lots of bass the speakers provide sufficient amounts. I'd recommend buying from amazon as if you dont like them they will let you return them for free no questions asked!

MuZeVII Well so far so good, I dont listen to music loud so I dont really knwo how loud they can get without distorting . However they look great sat on my test. I've been listening to mostly reggae lately and watching prison break both which have lots of bass the speakers provide sufficient amounts. I'd recommend buying from amazon as if you dont like them they will let you return them for free no questions asked!

Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to reply.

You were a noob once too!

do not buy computer speakers, either get an average pair of bookshelf speakers (they will be pretty crappy, but still better then what you can get for 60), or just go to a school fair / 2nd hand shop and get an old stereo+receiver.

Personally I would recommend a pair of either audio engine A5's or some Swann M200mkIII, yes expensive (and you can still get better), but even without an dac you will hear the difference.

And you the same MuZeVII

Sorry Blake I couldnt disagree more, and these are specifically "computer" speakers

If you want a "starter" kit of sorts for computer speakers, I'd recommend going with a pair of B652's from dayton audio and one of their DTA-1 amps. If you really want low end, go for their 10 or 12" sub (8 won't give you near the extension on the low to make it worth it). If you want to upgrade past that you could try out a DAC or even a home theater receiver (if you have a digital out or something similar).

sp 2500's I can honestly say they are deadly and they are worth the money

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

I would recommend the Klipsch computer speakers. You can get wired or wireless. http://www.klipsch.com/promedia-2-1-computer-speakers
I agree with Delons, You can not go wrong with Klipsch speakers at all. I used to have the same 2.1 Klipsch speakers and for 2.1 they can not be beat. here is the difference between corsair and Klipsch. #1 Corsair only makes the SP2500 and that's it, Klispch specialize in just speakers nothing else. #2 Klipsch makes very high quality speakers and none of there speakers are cheap. They have been around since 1946. I know for a fact Corsair has not been in business even close to that. And last but not least #3 I will trust any company that sales a $10,000 dollar Speaker http://www.klipsch.com/p-39f-floorstanding-speaker over Corsair Speakers any day of the week

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I agree with Delons, You can not go wrong with Klipsch speakers at all. I used to have the same 2.1 Klipsch speakers and for 2.1 they can not be beat. here is the difference between corsair and Klipsch. #1 Corsair only makes the SP2500 and that's it, Klispch specialize in just speakers nothing else. #2 Klipsch makes very high quality speakers and none of there speakers are cheap. They have been around since 1946. I know for a fact Corsair has not been in business even close to that. And last but not least #3 I will trust any company that sales a $10,000 dollar Speaker http://www.klipsch.com/p-39f-floorstanding-speaker over Corsair Speakers any day of the week

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

• 3 months later...

Paradigm millenia one. Great speakers for a 2.1 system.

Depends on your personal budget though.

I would recommend the Klipsch computer speakers. You can get wired or wireless. http://www.klipsch.com/promedia-2-1-computer-speakers

I have this set of Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 for quite a while now, awesome multi-media speakers w/o doubt, basic all rounder....music, movies, games. It's basically a jack-of-all-trades and does everything pretty well. Please remember, it may not match a purely audiophile speaker set, if you want an all rounder, the PM2.1 is it.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2