Watercooling - First timer!

I'm building a computer for myself and after looking at CPU coolers I have opted for the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo because of constant great reviews although I am now considering getting a budget water-cooling set (£50). I have seen some by corsair around this price and I was just wondering if it is a closed loop (not custom) does this imply any risk for spillages? It'a probably a really silly question from 5 years ago but I'm a bit scared ;/

BLACKWIDOW: i5 4690k - MSI GTX970 - 2x 4gb GSkill RJ X - 256gb MX100 - 1tb WD Blue - NZXT H440

If it's an "all in one" or closed loop cooler then no spill risk

AiOs will not spill unless you damage them, which is extremely rare unless you enjoy cutting the tubes of your AiO with scissors.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

no risk, no refilling, no maintenance. except dust. radiators hate dust. 

I also plan to install a AIO water cooler. Corsair H60 would fit my case perfectly.

may your framerates be high and your temperatures be low. #pcmr

I have to say, there is one risk everyone seems to be forgetting. When mounting an AiO, just pay attention to your screws. Don't over tighten them and pay attention as you mount the rad, you do not want the screw going to far into the radiator. If it does it can puncture the core and then you have a leak. This unlikely though if you use factory supplied screws. Just something to be aware of.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Thanks all for the replies, I can now purchase my water-cooling set with peace of mind :0

BLACKWIDOW: i5 4690k - MSI GTX970 - 2x 4gb GSkill RJ X - 256gb MX100 - 1tb WD Blue - NZXT H440

I'm building a computer for myself and after looking at CPU coolers I have opted for the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo because of constant great reviews although I am now considering getting a budget water-cooling set (£50). I have seen some by corsair around this price and I was just wondering if it is a closed loop (not custom) does this imply any risk for spillages? It'a probably a really silly question from 5 years ago but I'm a bit scared ;/

Stay away from the cheaper corsair coolers as they have a high pump failure rate. If you really want an AIO look at the NZXT or Cooler Master line or just stay with the 212Evo. There have been instances of AIOs leaking but it is rare.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I had this same scare when I built my current rig with the FX liquid loop AMD sent me. I've been using it for over a year now with no leaks or problems.

Stay away from the cheaper corsair coolers as they have a high pump failure rate. If you really want an AIO look at the NZXT or Cooler Master line or just stay with the 212Evo. There have been instances of AIOs leaking but it is rare.

I'm considering the ThermalTake Water 3.0 Performer, any thoughts?

I'm considering the ThermalTake Water 3.0 Performer, any thoughts?

Those are good too but i have not had any experience with their support and i have with NZXT and Cooler Master and they are both great from my interactions with them.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.