Worth buying FiiO x10k?

Efeyth

Hey I have Siberia Elites but they're slowly breaking and I'm getting weird static noises every once and a while, I'm planning on buying HyperX Cloud headsets along with an FiiO x10k. Good idea or should i not bother?

the 60ohm impedance or w/e won't be bottlenecked by onboard? I have a g74sx so idk wat kind of onboard soundcard i have nor do i know if its good or not. 

Doesn't the E10k make things sound better though?

60 ohm is very low and that's not the only value that determines how hard a headphone is to drive. Onboard is very good now so unless you hear cracking or popping it won't make much of a difference. There are no "bottlenecks" really in audio unless your headphones are too hard to drive and your onboard amp can't get them loud enough. 

60 ohm is very low and that's not the only value that determines how hard a headphone is to drive. Onboard is very good now so unless you hear cracking or popping it won't make much of a difference. There are no "bottlenecks" really in audio unless your headphones are too hard to drive and your onboard amp can't get them loud enough. 

What is 'bottleneck' in analog signals anyway? I mean the data isn't processed further anymore, it's already analog, 

the 60ohm impedance or w/e won't be bottlenecked by onboard? I have a g74sx so idk wat kind of onboard soundcard i have nor do i know if its good or not. 

Doesn't the E10k make things sound better though?

It's like this: most probably you don't need the E10k. If you wanna buy one, then sure, go ahead. Meaning you buy because you want it, not because you need it. I got several stuffs like that though, bought it because I want it, but doesn't really need it.

Yea im new to this audio stuff so I was just wondering and idk many reviews just make it seem like headset amps/dacs make headsets sound 10x better or something so I thought I'd just ask if it'd be worth it.

Yea im new to this audio stuff so I was just wondering and idk many reviews just make it seem like headset amps/dacs make headsets sound 10x better or something so I thought I'd just ask if it'd be worth it.

That's because they're set on writing something, in this case, a review on particular amp and dac. Imagine how a review would be, if they write it like, 'yeah, a bit different, not much, hardly can tell, overall: meh....'

When they write their reviews and impressions, they're talking about much smaller scales. Imagine it like this: a bacteria is waaaayyyyy larger than a virus. If so, then is a bacteria so big? Nope, they're all microscopic. It's just when talking in such small scale, then yes, a bacteria is way bigger than a virus.

In reality, different dacs and amps will sound different from one another. Problem is, how big are the differences? Depends on:

- The audio source (i.e.songs)

- The headphone used

- And most, most, most importantly, your ears. Can you hear that small of differences or not? Most people can't really hear it. That's why for new people in audios, we tend to say, 'buy it if you need it, and even if you buy something, get the best valued (not necessarily the best performance)'. No use of recommending $500 devices to people who are most probably can't really hear and appreciate the differences (being headphones as an exception though)

Yea thts true thanks for the feedback guys :)

Would you happen to know if the hyperx cloud sounds better or worse than the siberia elites?