How reliable is bluetooth technology these days?

jonnyyyl

Quite a while ago, I experimented with using Bluetooth headphones and found the connection buggy/laggy. For that, I have stuck on to using wired equipment.

These days however, more wireless headphones, peripherals, or even speakers are coming up.

I came across this and Plantronics BackBeat PRO Wireless headphones and the GO2.

So how reliable is Bluetooth these days? Is it that great that it can cover long distances without becoming buggy and connection being iffy?

As a curious question, remember back when there is a huge concern about cellphone radiation? Has there been issues for Bluetooth, if say someone were to wear bluetooth handsfree devices all day?!?

Bluetooth is actually very reliable.

The problem many people had with the technology was the set-up process, utilization, and marketing.

Hey, the very food we eat is cancer. 

I don't think we should be worrying about cell phone radiation compared to E.Coli, HIV/AIDS, or Ebola.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Bluetooth on IOS is shit! 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

Works perfectly fine on my iPhone and iPod

How's the 980 working with OSX?

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

How's the 980 working with OSX?

Until OS X 10.10 is released there will be no native support. We have got it working in 10.10 Beta 4.

\

blue tooth never really had any issues

the main problem was interference 

also

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/cellphones

What sort of interference?

Aside from being lazy/annoyed with charging/changing batteries, I am wary of dropping calls or music cutting out for a split second.

I can't help buy wonder if the music quality is indiscernible from listening to a wired standard headphone/earphone. 

Aside from being lazy/annoyed with charging/changing batteries, I am wary of dropping calls or music cutting out for a split second.

I can't help buy wonder if the music quality is indiscernible from listening to a wired standard headphone/earphone.

Interference from other Bluetooth devices or something like a microwave being turned on

I can't think of other examples

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

blue tooth never really had any issues

the main problem was interference 

also

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/cellphones

Indeed, most of the issues people have or had with BlueTooth mostly revolve around interference from another device.

From your link:

Cell phones emit radiofrequency energy, a form of non-ionizing electromagnetic radiation, which can be absorbed by tissues closest to where the phone is held.

Non-ionizing radiation doesn't cause cancer, because it passes through the body without affecting, altering, or destroying DNA. Ionizing radiation is the nasty stuff that's dangerous.

That doesn't mean there aren't other potential risks from non-ionizing radiation, but to date, there have been absolutely no solid links to radio waves and cancer. More research on the subject is always welcome though, as long as it doesn't cause undo panic/concern in the general public. It's bad enough how many people already think vaccines and cellphones give you cancer or cause autism (spoiler alert: they don't :P lol).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Basically any radio waves that operate on the same (or similar) frequencies as Bluetooth can cause major interference. A lot of radio waves in general can cause minor interference even if the Bluetooth band itself is clear.

Bluetooth operates on the 2.4GHz to 2.485GHz band, so cordless phones, microwaves, and wifi can all cause potentially heavy interference.

With that in mind: I use Bluetooth every day, connecting my phone (HTC HD7 running WP 7.8) to my car to play music over the stereo. Sound quality is excellent. Unless you have a fairly high end audio speaker system in your car, then it will sound just as good as if it were hardwired.

Whether it will sound better than headphones depends on multiple factors:

How good your car speakers are

How good the headphones are

My Sennheiser HD 598's sound way better. But that's because my HD 598's are just better compared to my car speakers.

Assuming your car stereo is better than a pair of piece of shit $20 KOSS headphones, then yes, it will sound better over Bluetooth.

Interference wise, I hardly ever get any. A couple times a week, the audio might cut out for a split second, but it happens so rarely that I have no complaints about it.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Bluetooth on IOS is shit! 

Works fine on my iPhone and my car stereo. Not sure what your beef is.

Works perfectly fine on my iPhone and iPod

not on mine iphone for some fucking reason. Maybe it will be fixed with a update or with a recovery.  

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

not on mine iphone for some fucking reason. Maybe it will be fixed with a update or with a recovery.  

Or could simply be your iphone has a defective Bluetooth module.

I'd try updating to the latest OS first. If that does not fix the issue, then try a full factory reset. Finally if neither has fixed your issues, then please RMA the phone (assuming still under warranty).

Or could simply be your iphone has a defective Bluetooth module.

I'd try updating to the latest OS first. If that does not fix the issue, then try a full factory reset. Finally if neither has fixed your issues, then please RMA the phone (assuming still under warranty).

Nope its the iphone 5 when it launched almost 2 years ago. Apparently it works again out of the blue.