Netflix/youtube need to effing hurry and improve their video streaming

Sammael

netflix is still not allowing people to streak 4k content to their computers through the browser.  html 5 video and hvec codecs have been around for ages now, get it together, the stalling seems deliberate.

And wtf is going on with youtube and 60fps video?  We got teases about it coming MONTHS ago, where tf is it ??!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!???? ?!?!??!?!?/keyboardspazcoma

My patience is not infinite.  You know what I will do if they do not hurry?  Wait longer, but be more agitated in the meantime.  

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

I can't comment on Netflix as i can't get it in australia but youtube honestly seems fine... i can happily watch 1080P or even 4k videos without seeing an issue? i doubt 60 fps will improve my viewing experience that much or at all

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

I can't comment on Netflix as i can't get it in australia but youtube honestly seems fine... i can happily watch 1080P or even 4k videos without seeing an issue? i doubt 60 fps will improve my viewing experience that much or at all

oh juganog juganog juganog, that name has addled your senses to the point where your expectations are far too low.  No matter how addled your senses have become, you can indeed tell the difference.  You WANT better !  You just don't know it yet.  Feast your eyes... on THIS.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

This thread is all about #firstworldproblems.

I can't even watch stuff in 720p on YouTube!

That's because you Canadians are too nice with your government, you need to rise up and demand better internet.  It is time the tyranny of draconian bandwidth caps ended.

Tell the ISPs to up the bandwidth for little additional costs first...

oh juganog juganog juganog, that name has addled your senses to the point where your expectations are far too low.  No matter how addled your senses have become, you can indeed tell the difference.  You WANT better !  You just don't know it yet.  Feast your eyes... on THIS.

i think my point still stands :/ it improved my veiwing experience by about 0.01%

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

That's because you Canadians are too nice with your government, you need to rise up and demand better internet.  It is time the tyranny of draconian bandwidth caps ended.

I'm not aware of any bandwidth cap that my provider has. The only thing I am complaining about is my measly download speed of 1.5Mb/Sec. But hey, at least that is what the plan is saying it will deliver.

Not really related, but the unlimited plan for mobile does not have a data cap with my cell service provider.

netflix is still not allowing people to streak 4k content to their computers through the browser.  html 5 video and hvec codecs have been around for ages now, get it together, the stalling seems deliberate.

And wtf is going on with youtube and 60fps video?  We got teases about it coming MONTHS ago, where tf is it ??!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!???? ?!?!??!?!?/keyboardspazcoma

My patience is not infinite.  You know what I will do if they do not hurry?  Wait longer, but be more agitated in the meantime.  

It has been awhile, although I thought they did say they would be rolling it out incrementally over a few months. but lets hope at least by the end of 2014.

It's estimated around 200,000 Aussies have netflix. Sign up mate, get a good VPN and enjoy it.

It's been on my list of things to do for ages, might get around to it this holiday break.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Movies are not shot in 4K so why would .... "Netflicks" offer an unsupported format for the media they stream ? If anything Netflicks should be streaming in 21:9 aspect ratio which is what most movies are natively shot in.

It has been awhile, although I thought they did say they would be rolling it out incrementally over a few months. but lets hope at least by the end of 2014.

It's estimated around 200,000 Aussies have netflix. Sign up mate, get a good VPN and enjoy it.

It's been on my list of things to do for ages, might get around to it this holiday break.

i know i can use a VPN but i also don't have the time to watch netflix with work and what not