Tips for typing quicker?

VG Docs

Implying a mech keyboard will make a difference, nice one!

Practice on typing tutor programs. Focus on efficiency over speed, speed will come in time.

They can help. yes. But it's more so because they tend to be higher quality and more comfortable. Finding a comfortable keyboard is key, and that will be different for everyone.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I've heard forcing yourself not to look at your keyboard helps improve your speed.

I dunno any other tips, I learnt to type fast because of MSN messenger

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I've heard forcing yourself not to look at your keyboard helps improve your speed.

I dunno any other tips, I learnt to type fast because of MSN messenger

Yeah, I think (maybe) that's where AlwaysFSX was going with his comments. Strangely I don't ever look at my keyboard while typing.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Uh, typing is almost entirely muscle memory. And a bit of ergonomics. Type properly with minimal wasted movements, then it's practice practice practice.

What do you mean memorize? You don't really need to memorize to type, right? Muscle memory isn't something where you have to remember every particular letter. Also, whenever I attempt to type quicker I also double tap a key by accident or end up hitting two keys at the same time.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

40 WPM here sometimes 60 WPM.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Get a mechanical keyboard and keep typing... I type a book once (don't ask me why) and my wpm went from from 88 to 110 on the same keyboard. There's a website that can measure your type speed too...called 10fingers or smth. The reason why I can't go any faster than 110 is because I don't type with all my fingers. 

Mobo: ASUS X99-A  // CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 ROG Strix //  Ram: 4 x 4 GB 2666 Mhz G.Skill Ripjaw // SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB NVMe //  PSU: Cooler Master V850  // Case: Corsair 760T Arch White // Mouse: Logitec G903 Lightspeed // Keyboard: Logitech G Pro // Headphones: Audio Technica Ath-R70x // Monitor: BenQ BL2710PT

Uh, typing is almost entirely muscle memory. And a bit of ergonomics. Type properly with minimal wasted movements, then it's practice practice practice.

That's what I was saying. I was replying to someone who made it sound like you had to mentally memorize every key consciously. I was supporting what you're saying silly :P

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit