Trying to get my new phone registered on verizon

nitrousspark
I recently got a new phone, a windows phone. And i put a sim card in it and started registering it with verizon. I got through a lot of it and then it asked me for my sim card id, I entered it and it says

"The SIM ID should be a 19 or 20-digit Decimal number starting with 89. See finding your SIM ID below." The id starts with 89 and is 19 digits, it says it on the sim card itself and in the phone settings. Now i don't know what to do.

@nitrousspark

What? I'm pretty sure all you had to do was pop the SIM card into the phone and you're good to go...

You shouldn't have to go through all of that nonsense.

With that being said, I know on Android you can find it under About Phone, which is under your settings. Find something like that and look there? I'm not too awfully familiar with the Windows Phone OS (despite me even owning a Lumia 521...as my backup phone) so I'm sorry, but I can't really be of much help. 

:/

COMIC SANS

When i bought the phone it didn't come with a sim card, but i had an extra one laying around so i popped it in, it shows no signs that the sim card doesn't work. The sim id is in the settings, and on the sim card itself, but when i enter it into verizon it gives me that error, "The SIM ID should be a 19 or 20-digit Decimal number starting with 89. See finding your SIM ID below."

I had a verizon phone before. I went to the store, because the activation stuff didn't work for me. 

Wait... the phone is from Verizon, so it is locked. You need a Verizon Sim card. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I recently got a new phone, a windows phone. And i put a sim card in it and started registering it with verizon. I got through a lot of it and then it asked me for my sim card id, I entered it and it says
"The SIM ID should be a 19 or 20-digit Decimal number starting with 89. See finding your SIM ID below." The id starts with 89 and is 19 digits, it says it on the sim card itself and in the phone settings. Now i don't know what to do.

If the phone is a non LTE phone, you can dial *228 to activate your phone.