Facebook launches its own ad network.

Dietrichw

Source

audience_network.0.png

Facebook has launched its ad network called "Audience Network". Audience Network is a competitor to Google's ad network, Flurry from Yahoo, MoPub from Twitter and Apple's own iAd network. Facebook's ads are extensions of what is already on their website and they could potentially use your personal info from Facebook to bombard you with targeted ads. The only real limitation to the Audience Network is advertisers cannot buy ad spaces within certain apps, so all ads are extended from Facebook's website into apps.

I feel like I should be scared...

My PC Spec:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz, Motherboard: , Memory: 16gb , Storage: , Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB, Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC(x2), Case: Corsair C70 Green, Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G GOLD, Operating System: Windows 8.1, CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100, Optical Drive: LG Internal Super Multi Drive

At least Facebook doesn't give me ads for 40 y/o+ affair services...

Do you get the dating service ones? Facebook makes using AdBlock a very legitimate thing.

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

it's like a toilet manufacturer starting up their own sewage plant to process all the sh*t... :blink:

Details separate people.

Every single new thing Facebook does gives me more reason to avoid.

Can someone who isn't a company actually monetize from these? And for that matter, how the heck do any of the non-Google Adsense/Ad Network things work anywho? Just curious, as I've been studying Adsense and google monetization on videos and blogs for a while now.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

W/e , as long as adblock works im not concerned. Only use facebook to chat with ppl I cant be with in person.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Do you get the dating service ones? Facebook makes using AdBlock a very legitimate thing.

Yup, affairs, online dating, japanese swords, single asians, etc.

i'm a potato

Yup, affairs, online dating, japanese swords, single asians, etc.

But do you get the 65+ old, dating, affair, asians, that weld swords and make your man area 5x bigger in two weeks?

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

But do you get the 65+ old, dating, affair, asians, that weld swords and make your man area 5x bigger in two weeks?

LOL!!! no

i'm a potato

LOL!!! no

Yes you do, admit it.

How hypocritical of people to selectively use adblock, and hate this just because of Facebook

on the otherside, This is good and all, getting the internet less monopolous around google, its good to have some competition and less people sticking their fingers into profits when they are not needed.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R