New Mobile GPU's from Nvidia: 980M and 970M

werto165

r5y6oroym3ma2eqwumma.png

"The new GeForce GTX 980M delivers 75% of the power of a "real" GTX 980 desktop graphics card. 

That means everything from Battlefield 4 to Watch Dogs is playable at 2560 x 1440 resolution on ultra settings."

"The new graphics cards use Nvidia's Maxwell architecture to provide their performance boosts, which Nvidia says is double that of its previous generation cards. They can support gaming at higher than 1080p resolutions, and they support new lighting techniques that add more realism to games. To put it short, laptop gaming has never looked better."

gjsrbprgf7blx6tsealw.png

"While the GTX 880M was just a 15% boost over its predecessor, Nvidia tells us the new Maxwell-based GTX 980M is a 40-50% increase on average — and that's in addition to the additional battery life you might see from the more efficient architecture."

"Nvidia says the new cards offer up to eight times the frame rate performance on battery in games like Tomb Raider, while the BatteryBoost adds up to 55 percent longer playing time. Like before, Battery Boost artificially lowers your framerate to save power"

ye1fumuv0m607wscjrct.png

"The new chips should be available in pricy gaming laptops today, including the five you see in the picture below, as well as the MSI GS70, the Gigabyte P35, and the Clevo P650."

dpgo2aa1gbds9cq3myas.png

The increased power efficiency and the increased performance of the cards are very exciting, bringing desktop class gaming on the move.  Hopefully battery boost this time round actually does something. But as always if you want the best gaming experience you'll have to be plugged into the wall(unless you disable battery boost). I've never had a gaming laptop before but this release has certainly piqued my interest and I might buy one. However they'll probably be very costly. It's amazing how a mobile GPU is faster than my desktop GPU just astonishing. Imagine the power: two 980Ms in SLI(if that's even possible) 4k gaming on the move?

Maxwell = awesome.

Sources: http://gizmodo.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980m-a-graphical-leap-for-gaming-la-1643187150

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/7/6932355/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980m-970m-announcement

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I like how Alienware didn't get put on that promotion.

Didn't we just get the 800m cards??

They were keppler based i think 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Now is the cost to performance worth it? guess well have to see.

http://puu.sh/c317v/dd22d70a68.png

MSRP for the ASUS laptop starts at $1500 going upto $3000

I like how Alienware didn't get put on that promotion.

I thought Alienware used Clevo barebones.

Either way, good for Clevo, I can only advise their laptops - the best I ever had.

I thought Alienware used Clevo barebones.

Either way, good for Clevo, I can only advise their laptops - the best I ever had.

Uh. Go look at both brand's laptops.

How would these be with heat? Most gaming laptops I've come in contact with can't sit on your lap in fear of making you infertile 

How would these be with heat? Most gaming laptops I've come in contact with can't sit on your lap in fear of making you infertile 

I guess it would differ from laptop to laptop but I'd assume they'd be fine, once the reviews of the laptops come out we'll know.

Oh FFS. They said the Desktop GPUs are not 800 series, because mobile and now there are 900 series mobile.

Maybe they want the same gpu and mobile naming and skipping 800 series was because this new mobile gpu series was imminent 

Cleve and Sager xoxo

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

what? 

He gave two kisses to both "Cleve" aka Clevo, and "Sager" aka Sager.

Uh. Go look at both brand's laptops.

what?

Who else is just annoyed by the fact that they ignore the real keplers the 700 series?which have the same performance obviously.

what?

You said "I thought Alienware used Clevo barebones."

If you go look at both brand's models, they're entirely different.

You said "I thought Alienware used Clevo barebones."

If you go look at both brand's models, they're entirely different.

Ah, I'm sorry I didn't understand.

Well I always thought Alienware was getting some sort of barebone from Clevo or Dell (not the full laptop shell), and they customized the looks of it their way.

Well I always thought Alienware was getting some sort of barebone from Clevo or Dell (not the full laptop shell), and they customized the looks of it their way.

I think Alienware used to use Clevo barebones years ago but haven't for a few years now.

Origin PC does. Alienware hasn't done that since they've been with Dell.

I think Alienware used to use Clevo barebones years ago but haven't for a few years now.

Origin PC does. Alienware hasn't done that since they've been with Dell.

Thank you for the update