Birthday present

theloveablemoose

So this year is my 18th and my siblings and or parents have decided to get me something substantial im yet to decide as to what whut http://i.imgur.com/7kZ562z.jpg? to get. I've narrowed down a few choices into 3 which are:

An Xbox one to play with friends and my cousins

A upgrade for my pc CPU GPU or whatever

Or a new phone because my iPhone 4 is beginning to show it's age maybe a 5s or htc one idk 

But yeah any suggestions are welcome.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Keep the money and use it on something you really really want 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

1. ...maybe... but the games are expensive af

2. nah, the platform is old, not worth it.

3. Best option IMO.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I would go with the CPU and GPU. But it depends on if you are interested in the Xbone (games and gaming with friends).

1. CPU, GPU

2. XBox One

3. Phone

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

So this year is my 18th and my siblings and or parents have decided to get me something substantial im yet to decide as to what whut http://i.imgur.com/7kZ562z.jpg? to get. I've narrowed down a few choices into 3 which are:

An Xbox one to play with friends and my cousins

Or a new phone because my iPhone 4 is beginning to show it's age maybe a 5s or htc one idk 

But yeah any suggestions are welcome.

I would say GPU upgrade. The 560 is probalby fine, but there's some pretty decent cards at a great price that'll give you a lot more power provided you have the monitor to utilze it.

Keep the money and use it on something you really really want 

if  a phone or gpu upgrade is it tel us your budget

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

1. ...maybe... but the games are expensive af

2. nah, the platform is old, not worth it.

3. Best option IMO.

1. Me and my cousin were probably going to share an account along our usual accounts that hosted a few GOD games that we split the money on which is what we did last gen.

2. Was thinking of switching platforms in that regard.

3 I do kinda want a new phone.

I would go with the CPU and GPU. But it depends on if you are interested in the Xbone (games and gaming with friends).

1. CPU, GPU

2. XBox One

3. Phone

I really dont want to pay a subscription though.

Such as?

As time flies,its something you will know  :)

(Random speculating)

Since you're unsure on which to get it also means the feeling of needing/wanting it isn't that high

so thats why i was saying save it and use it for something that you want want-ish want

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

upgrade cpu and gpu.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I would say GPU upgrade. The 560 is probalby fine, but there's some pretty decent cards at a great price that'll give you a lot more power provided you have the monitor to utilze it.

It fairs ok its just the noise that bothers me.

if  a phone or gpu upgrade is it tel us your budget

It was more so i outlined either and they got me it but i guess budget is £300 maybe which would be a decent GPU 760? and a 4s or 5 but honeslty i dont feel like spending more money on my PC until i find a game that actually grasps my attention for more then 5 mins *cough cough GTA V cough cough*.

As time flies,its something you will know  :)

(Random speculating)

Since you're unsure on which to get it also means the feeling of needing/wanting it isn't that high

so thats why i was saying save it and use it for something that you want want-ish want

Was thinking clothes as well wants some o dat 10 deep but idk.

Maybe buy a Xbox One and try make a #BENDGATE Video and hope you get 40mil views and you can buy all 3 things.

upgrade cpu and gpu.

If i did go that route i probably wouldn't spend over a certain amount cause that would be dumb.

Maybe buy a Xbox One and try make a #BENDGATE Video and hope you get 40mil views and you can buy all 3 things.

Lol i don't think i'd be able to even afford a 6.

Lol i don't think i'd be able to even afford a 6.

no no Try bend the Xbox one. What else would you do with Xbox ?

If i did go that route i probably wouldn't spend over a certain amount cause that would be dumb.

Not really, would be dumber to waste money on an xbox. Just my opinion. Could always buy an SSD or something.

prosti-.... sorry

Save it up for a down payment on a new house. Best decision you'll ever make in your lifetime on this sad planet, mortal.

Lol was waiting for a comment like that and i was thinking that but a down payment is usually 10% of asking price and most houses are 100,000 plus so i would need a minimum of £10,000 and at the age of 17 i think i'd end up spending that money anyway but on something with literally no resale value.

no no Try bend the Xbox one. What else would you do with Xbox ?

Yeah i'll bend it i'll bend it real good *pulls out blowtorch*

Not really, would be dumber to waste money on an xbox. Just my opinion. Could always buy an SSD or something.

Got dat 250gb 840 evo bruh.

Unless you have a bunch of good friends on the Xbone, I'd just get a good upgrade to your pc, unless it can play games fine at the moment in which case get a new phone.

I've got my 18th next year (summer boy here) so I'm going to have a similar choice to you, but I'm likely to ask for either a broadwell i7 or a decent camera. Not sure yet though.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

It fairs ok its just the noise that bothers me.

It was more so i outlined either and they got me it but i guess budget is £300 maybe which would be a decent GPU 760? and a 4s or 5 but honeslty i dont feel like spending more money on my PC until i find a game that actually grasps my attention for more then 5 mins *cough cough GTA V cough cough*.

have you tried titanfal, halflife, portal

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Yeah i'll bend it i'll bend it real good *pulls out blowtorch*

Got dat 250gb 840 evo bruh.

well then, MOAR SSD!!! lol. Or you could get a shitload of steam games, new monitor, etc.

Happy birthday by the way.

have you tried titanfal, halflife, portal

Lol titan fall 

Played portal good 

Never played half life.