Reflex: Arena FPS with good looking movement and ideas

BallGum

I first heard of this game while watching the Tek; I think Logan mentioned it in passing. There's currently a kickstarter, but first I wanted to share some footage:

There are some REALLY nice ideas here, especially that stake gun. I think it will give a ton of freedom and creativity to players in gametypes like capture the flag. 

The movement seems like it will be easy to pick up to get you in the game, which could possibly keep players in. Graphics look very nice, and I feel the aesthetic suits the game very well compared to the hellish look of quake at times, which seemed somewhat at odds with the mechanics (some people like the mechanics to feel integrated with the 'story'/'lore' of a game).

I don't have much experience with kickstarter, so I can't tell if they're doing well or not. They have 13 days to go and have managed just under a quarter of their goal. Here's a link to that:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/191095869/reflex

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

I LOVE the game as far as i've seen it, and i am pretty excited to play it if it ever comes out. 

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I LOVE the game as far as i've seen it, and i am pretty excited to play it if it ever comes out. 

Same. I loved playing quake way back in the day, probably sucked at it, but I really want to get back into a game with movement like that again. Might try Quake Live till this hopefully comes out. I've heard some bad things about its netcode though.

it thought it was meh untill i saw the stake gun and the equall maps

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

I think they need to tone down the effects, and perhaps make the maps a little larger proportionally to the characters. It looks a little messy from the combat. Might just be me though.

if only i had the money

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com