First attempt at sewing cables

Liradon

As the title already says, this was my first attempt at sewing my sleeved cables. And I think I did  a decent job for the first time :)

What do you think?

ps: Don't mind the crappy hardware. It will be cast into oblivion soon enough ;)

dscn16652.jpg

dscn16682.jpg

dscn16732.jpg

dscn16882.jpg

sewing cables? typo ?

CPU: i5 3570k                                 PSU: CX650 Corsair                 SSD: 128GB Samsung 840

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance     Case: Zalman Z11                    HDD: 500Gb Toshiba & 1TB Western Digital

MOBO: ASrock Extreme 4 Z77        GPU: GTX 770

sewing cables? typo ?

Nah, I'm not sure where or who started the trend but a guy on youtube "FrankNSteinPC" provides tutorials on how to do it. Helps to keep them lined up and give them an extra visual "pop" I think.

Nah, I'm not sure where or who started the trend but a guy on youtube "FrankNSteinPC" provides tutorials on how to do it. Helps to keep them lined up and give them an extra visual "pop" I think.

Ahh, I see! I cant see the photos on my computer D:

CPU: i5 3570k                                 PSU: CX650 Corsair                 SSD: 128GB Samsung 840

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance     Case: Zalman Z11                    HDD: 500Gb Toshiba & 1TB Western Digital

MOBO: ASrock Extreme 4 Z77        GPU: GTX 770

Looks very nice. I've been thinking of sewing my cables as well.
What kind of thread did you use?

CPU: Intel 2700k (4.7) MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290X RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengence (1866) CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Storage: 256GB Samsung 830 Pro SSD (Boot), 64GB Crucial M4 (SSD Cache), 1TB WD Black Cavier, 2TB Hitachi, 2.5TB Buffalo Sound Card: Xonar Essence STX Case: Corsair Graphite 600t w/ full acrylic side PSU: Corsair HX750 (individually sleeved) 
Peripherals: Filco Keyboard (Brown) Razer Deathadder, Sennheiser HD595, Zalman ZM-MIC1, Steelseries Qck Mass mousepad.
Pics of my Rig

Very nice job of it. Did you follow the guide on YouTube? Cable sewing was used to keep cables tidy in telecommunication and marine industry before zip ties were introduced. I think it's one of the neatest ways you can really finish up a build.

Intel 3960X (5GHz), Asus P9X79 Pro, KFA2 GTX580 SLI, Asus D2X, 16GB Dominator Platinum (1866Mhz), Corsair 600T, Corsair AX1200

wait you actually made them from the treads  

if so i bow down to you in an utmost graceful mannor

eitherway the are sooooooo sexy

Looks very nice. I've been thinking of sewing my cables as well.

What kind of thread did you use?

Just some black thread I had laying around somewhere. But I'll be using quality thread in the future as cheap thread tends to snap when you pull it too tight (happend several times. Pretty annoying, but by redoing it you get the hang of it ;) )

wait you actually made them from the treads  

if so i bow down to you in an utmost graceful mannor

eitherway the are sooooooo sexy

haha :p

I approve this message!

It would be cool if say the cables were black and the sewing was read for example or the other way round. It looks nice though.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

It would be cool if say the cables were black and the sewing was read for example or the other way round. It looks nice though.

Yes indeed, it SHOULD also be done like that, but this was mere a test (hence the old system). When sewing other systems, I'll use colors that fit the color scheme.

Thanks ;)

Wow those look amazing :O Did you follow a guide from anywhere? If so could you please link it? It would be much appreciated :) 

Workstation: 3930k @ 4.3GHz under an H100 - 4x8GB ram - infiniband HCA  - xonar essence stx - gtx 680 - sabretooth x79 - corsair C70 Server: i7 3770k (don't ask) - lsi-9260-4i used as an HBA - 6x3TB WD red (raidz2) - crucia m4's (60gb (ZIL, L2ARC), 120gb (OS)) - 4X8GB ram - infiniband HCA - define mini  Goodies: Røde podcaster w/ boom & shock mount - 3x1080p ips panels (NEC monitors for life) - k90 - g9x - sp2500's - HD598's - kvm switch

ZFS tutorial

the sewed cables look great,props man.

did you sleeve the cables yourself,or did you buy them?

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Where did you get those green connectors?

Good looking cables.

The green connectors are from the PSU itself, I think they look awful! :p

Wow those look amazing :o Did you follow a guide from anywhere? If so could you please link it? It would be much appreciated :)

Here you go ;)

the sewed cables look great,props man.

did you sleeve the cables yourself,or did you buy them?

I sleeved the cables myself :)