360mm + 240mm for future build.

Hey guys, I was wondering if my radiator choice will be enough to cool the system I'm working on. So I will list my current specs, the important stuff.

ThermalTake T81 Urban case

4790K@ stock speeds

Z97x Gaming 5 Mobo

GTX 670 SLI soon to upgrade to GTX 980(s)

EVGA G2 1000 Watt PSU

I won't start my liquid cooling until I purchased the 980 and eventually I will have a second 980 so lets keep that in mind for this liquid build. I will list my liquid cooling parts and please feel free to critize and give advice.

XSPC Raystorm CPU block

EK GTX 980 block

Bitspower Water Tank Z Multi 80 reservoir

Swiftech MCP655 pump with speed control

XSPC EX240mm rad

XSPC EX360mm rad

So that's it as far as the important stuff is concerned. I don't plan to overclock the cpu at the moment but I definitely see myself overclocking the 980 and of course the same for the eventual second 980. So what do you guys think, should I go bigger or better with the rads or are those decent enough for what I'm aiming for?

Lastly I am thinking of maybe doing a single 120mm, slim profile rad in edition but I'm hoping a 240mm and 360mm is enough.

Yeah, that's fine. Also, you're custom watercooling and not overclocking the CPU? What?

some people just like the reduced noise

@cobragt4001

Actually, if you went with the eVga GTX970 with the reference cooler you could use the gpu water blocks you have now.

Those rads are ok, not really that great if you start overclocking. You've got heaps of room in that case, could go a 420/480 in the top and a 360/420 in the front.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

240mm is my limit for the front. I have one drive cage installed for the HDDs so I couldn't go any higher than 240mm in the front. So maybe a single 120mm or 140mm rad should be added for additional cooling?

240mm is my limit for the front. I have one drive cage installed for the HDDs so I couldn't go any higher than 240mm in the front. So maybe a single 120mm or 140mm rad should be added for additional cooling?

120 on the back fan spot, 360 in the top, and a 240 in the front. That with good static pressure fans, you should get some really good temps.

Those maxwell cards, are a real blessing, the lower heat output is awesome.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

So I have a few configs in mind and I'll list the actual rad brands and you guys give me your honest opinion.

XSPC AX360 rad mounted on top for cpu

XSPC RX120V2 rad mounted on rear for gpu

XSPC RX240V3 rad mounted on front for gpus

Or

XSPC EX360 rad mounted on top for cpu

XSPC RX240V3 rad mounted on front for gpus

XSPC AX240 rad mounted on front bottom for gpus

For the last config, I chose the EX360 just to save a few dollars seeing as I don't plan to take the cpu beyond 4.6ghz. My basic H100i is able to cool my 4790k @4.4ghz efficiently so I'd imagine a lower class 360mm rad in a open loop system would have no trouble cooling down a 4790k. I really like the idea of 2x240mm rads in the front for the gpus, so please give me your opinions, thanks.

Oh lastly, if you're wondering why I chose the AX240 rad, which is a slim design rad, for the front bottom location of the case, it's because of the slim design and clearance it'd give me for the front mount rad.