Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 and Arc XL

These would be so awesome paired with the Z87 Gene or the Z87 Gryphon. Very tempting indeed, but, as others have already expressed, we are in dire need of a Fractal Design Define Mini R2 as well.

Computex isn't over yet maybe they will :)

I wish there was support for a 360 rad on the arc midi r2. Arc mini r2 looking to be quite a case.

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

It's finally here! The second revision to the Arc Mini! Hopefully it has better support for radiators and fans in certain positions (I know it did before on the first version with the exhaust fan and a 240mm rad in the top)!

Here's the guru3d link: http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/fractal_design_arc_xl_arc_mini_r2.html

And the fractal website links:

Arc Mini R2: http://fractal-design.com/?view=product&category=2∏=117

Arc XL: http://fractal-design.com/?view=product&category=2∏=116

Their cases are so bland :/

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

They do make some nice looking cases.

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

Features-

-4 5.25 bays

-8 3.5 bays

-comes with 3 silent R2 fans

-Fan controller

-2 2.5 ssd mounts behind tray

-Large side panel window

No pricing yet

The Arc XL will cost:

• USD: $ 129.95
  • EURO: € 119,95
  • GBP: £ 104.95
  • SEK: 1099:-

It will be available late July/early August.

Source: http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/fractal_design_arc_xl_arc_mini_r2.html

Ugh why can't it come with a door hate hate hate the look for 5.25 bays. 

Doors are the number one cause of broken USB sticks and of course broken Front USB ports. I usually find doors removed and placed next to the cases of cases that used to have doors. 

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

The Arc XL will cost:

• USD: $ 129.95
  • EURO: € 119,95
  • GBP: £ 104.95
  • SEK: 1099:-

It will be available late July/early August.

Source: http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/fractal_design_arc_xl_arc_mini_r2.html

Fixed

Doors are the number one cause of broken USB sticks and of course broken Front USB ports. I usually find doors removed and placed next to the cases of cases that used to have doors. 

Why would you get a case with your Front USB  panel unusable if the door is closed 

FD-CA-DEF-R4-BL_4.jpg

550d_top.png

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

38589536.jpg

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

Looks good, well done Fractal :D

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

My friend doesn't like fractal cases.

your friend prefers plasticky gimmicky crap. your friend is not the target market... i for one think their cases are awesome.

your friend prefers plasticky gimmicky crap. your friend is not the target market... i for one think their cases are awesome.

I really like them, but my friend really likes his Bitfenix Shinobi.

But see, I feel like fractal cases are plasticky and not very high quality. There's just too many curves, and I don't like the material their made out of.

There's minimalism, and then there's boring.

Fractal is just... Not very easy on the eyes for me. Their boring.

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

Their boring.

They're*

I like their cases. I am a long-time Lian-li fan, but they have really dropped the ball in recent times. They killed off all their nice big hdd cases like the PC-A70F, which I am currently using with 18 drives in it (17 3,5" HDDs and a 2.5" SSD). The interesting thing that I'm wondering about the Arc XL is whether both HDD can be rotated for optimal airflow and whether an extra hdd cage can be added to the bottom of the case without modding. Fractal doesn't sell their hdd cages and I don't know if 3rd party ones would fit without modding. 

Ioj1B1kl.jpg

They're*

I like their cases. I am a long-time Lian-li fan, but they have really dropped the ball in recent times. They killed off all their nice big hdd cases like the PC-A70F, which I am currently using with 18 drives in it (17 3,5" HDDs and a 2.5" SSD). The interesting thing that I'm wondering about the Arc XL is whether both HDD can be rotated for optimal airflow and whether an extra hdd cage can be added to the bottom of the case without modding. Fractal doesn't sell their hdd cages and I don't know if 3rd party ones would fit without modding.

Ioj1B1kl.jpg

Yah, the one thing they're doing right is the internals. Especially that bottom left case. When Linus went to their booth the interiors of their cases looked fantastic. So clean and so good looking. They're doing one heck of a job in that department.

They just need to make the external part of the case attractive. Just not my taste. Too boring.

• 3 months later...

They're*

Ioj1B1kl.jpg

How about using the 5.25" bays to mount additional HDDs with smth like this: http://akust.com.tw/product/showproduct.php?en=en&id=48. You can end up with 16 drives!

Awesome, I think I'm going to buy the Arc Mini.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Aye what i really want is a mini R4

there is a mini R4

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

there is a mini R4

The fractal design define mini R2 (R4 version) hasn't come out as far as I know.