Will charging an iphone battery while using it hurt the battery?

I have an iphone 6 and use a standard apple charger and charger cable. When I get home after a long day of using my phone the battery is usually drained. I put my phone on the charger and I want to use it while it charges but I heard that if I do this it will make the battery hold less. My phone is new so I want to preserve the battery as much as I can. Does anyone know if using an iphone 6 (or any other phone) while it is charging can ruin the battery? Thanks.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Thanks so much. Now I can use my phone and play games and watch Linus whike it charges.

Not really that compareable though.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Not really that compareable though.

?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Yes and no,If a lithium battery is discharged below a certain voltage (usually 3.7 volts) it can ruin the battery.Also a hard discharge/charge cycle of a battery can hinder the battery life.

Yes and no,If a lithium battery is discharged below a certain voltage (usually 3.7 volts) it can ruin the battery.

Luckily most modern phones have over and under voltage protection. 

I would just be cautious of it getting too hot. My phone and tablet both get blazing hot while I charge them during gaming and so does the power brick. As long as you're not suffocating it under a pillow or something you should be fine.

You can use your iphone any way you see fit, it is designed to just work.

I've been using my phone (galaxy S2) for years while charging and now when I'm home it's basically always charging :)

No, but it can ruin the charger if it gets too hot.

No it won't, if it's the official Apple charger then it is designed to handle the maximum power draw possible by the iPhone it came with.

"Rawr XD"

Luckily most modern phones have over and under voltage protection. 

Which can fail

No it won't, if it's the official Apple charger then it is designed to handle the maximum power draw possible by the iPhone it came with.

Not if you plug the phone in all the time and use it heavily.

Anyone else hate it when you playing a game or something while your device is plugged into a computer. Usb power is so bad it goes up like 1% every 5-10 minutes. Or in the car, when it actually goes down, just slowly.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

No, my dad uses his iPhone all the time, while it is plugged in. The battery still last like it used too when he got it. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |